PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Conection on PIII

JasonMcK
15.01.2010, 06:55
Hi All,
I have set up my P III and all is good.
I used the serial connection to upgrade to the latest firmware 5.00h and am running the latest PC software.
Everything is fine except I can not set up the wireless card.
When I key in the settings on the Unit. I get to baud rate and select 9600 then Ad-hoc and then the next screen is blank with a blinking cursor. I can only assume it is for the SSID so I type it in but never get connected.

Any help would be great

J

JasonMcK
15.01.2010, 19:37
Anyone? Is anyone running a PIII with the GHL WLAN card?

J

aqua_digital
15.01.2010, 20:12
The WLAN card will not access the web server so by using it you would not have access to those functions, the P3 now supports wireless bridges such as games controller bridges.

If you wish to use the WLAN, for set up with the P3 this is Matthias department who is back from holiday on Monday. Sorry i cant be further help right now :(

JasonMcK
15.01.2010, 20:20
Really I can't use my $350.00 GHL WLAN card to act as a web server. That stings a bit.

I was really interested in just getting it to communicate and as I thought it was just me. I had forgotten to turn off my wireless security on my router prior to setting the Profilux so all is good now.

I guess I'll be looking into a wireless bridge now

J

aqua_digital
15.01.2010, 20:23
I understand your concern and GHL are looking into this.

At present, no there is no connection to the web server via the WLAN card, as we are still in early stages of development, these sorts of things will follow later but I doubt it will be soon. But Matthias can give more info I am sure on his return.

JasonMcK
15.01.2010, 20:26
Thanks, I understand, I'll wait for Matthias

J

JasonMcK
16.01.2010, 01:31
Thought I had it working but no. It appears to be very intermitent.

J

bmwaaron
18.01.2010, 05:36
The WLAN card will not access the web server so by using it you would not have access to those functions, the P3 now supports wireless bridges such as games controller bridges.

Very interesting statement since 99% of all "game controller bridges" are USB which would have been a lower cost solution. I'm very disappointed in this news since I also was duped into buying the very expensive GHL WLAN card. Now I guess I have to spend another $100 to get a wireless Ethernet Bridge.

JasonMcK
18.01.2010, 05:43
Fortunatly for me. My router and my Profilux are about 50 feet away from each other. So after wrapping the CAT 5e cable around the room adn drilling a few wholes in walls I now have my P III hard wired to my router.

J