PDA

View Full Version : HELP With Profilux and Dimmable T5's

daztowler
13.01.2010, 00:21
OK here is the Setup

GHL Profilux Plus II
2x GHL-Profilux Dimmable Ballast Driver Blank 2 Ballast High Current ( HIC's )
3x OSRAM Twin 80w T5 Dimmable Ballasts

I have tested the Ballasts prior to this just wired directly to mains with no driver and they all work fine .

However when I connect to the GHL via the HIC ballast drivers the GHL wont dim up and down or turn the ballasts down to 0 ( ie off ) , the lights seem permanently stuck on 100% power . It's irrelevant what dimming percentage i give each channel they seem to just stay the same , it also does not matter what time i set the illumination channels for as the timing for illumination channels on the GHL wont switch on or off the lights at all or obviously dim them either ??? Why not ?

L1/L2 is going to one HIC driver ,which then feeds 2 of the 80w twin ballasts and the L3/L4 to the other HIC which feeds the remaining twin 80w ballast .

I used 2 core mains flex to carry the 1-10v signal from the HIC drivers to the ballasts could this be it ? If this is it what solid core wire should I be using ?

Any help would be appreciated at this point

GHL Support
15.01.2010, 08:58
Please check if the control wires are clamped correctly onto the board, perhaps you have mixed up +/-?