PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Powerbar 6D

pjcook
12.01.2010, 12:40
I purchased and istalled a Powerbar 6D onto my Profilux Plus II. Initially it worked fine until last week. The powerbar now does not seem to be communicating with the computer. 1 Outlet S3 is permanently on and all others are off. The Dosing Pumps no longer work when connected to the 6D. The green Power LED is lit and 1 Red LED is constantly lit.

I have removed the 6D from the computer and reconnected the Dosing pump to the S1 outlet and it is working correctly and the 4D Powerbar is working correctly.

I have tried reprogramming the 6D from the Profilux controller software but this has made no difference.

Regards

Peter

GHL Support
12.01.2010, 14:04
If the dosing pump works on the ProfiLux correctly if connected directly to the ProfiLux it seems to be a conduction problem on the Powerbar6D control line or the cable between Powerbar6D and ProfiLux.

The green LED ist on - after 30s it starts flashing and the yellow LED is constant off, right?
Outlet 3 on and LED for outlet 3 on:
This behaviour is ok, if outlet 3 programmed to be on in failsafe state.

Have you checked the connectors of the control line? Are the contacts of the control line sockets and the cable shiny?

aqua_digital
12.01.2010, 15:17
we had this recently the client had the data cable routed near a ballast, once this was re routed the problem went away

I suspect electromagnetic interference, unless you have made some changes since to programming or cabling.