PDA

View Full Version : Conductivity problem

bmwaaron
12.01.2010, 04:19
Hello Mathis

Im am having problems with my Conductivity settings. I have the GHL probe and my calibration seems to go from good to bad or 54.0 to 0 in a couple weeks. I have tried re calibrating several times and it always seems to go back to 0. Tonight when I tried to calibrate it is reading 99.0 [mS]. I am using Firmware 4.0with software 4.08.1
Do you think this is a problem with my Controller, the Probe, or the Software? The probe is about 2 years old and looks in good shape. It is cleaned on a regular basis.
The Calibration Values are value 1 0 [mS] and ADC 27
Value 2 54 ADC 27
if that helps.

Thanks

GHL Support
12.01.2010, 11:46
Hello,
it seems that your calibration went wrong, since the ADC-values are the same, they normally differ a lot from each other.
Please keep in mind that the calibration fluid has to have exactly the temperature as the water in the tank, therefore you best put the bottle for a day into the tank before the calibration.
The exact temperature of the water in the tank and of the fluid has then also to be entered in the conductivity settings.
Which value does the sensor show in the calibration fluid or in a glass filled with aquarium water?
If it is ok in the glass, there could also be electromagnetic interferences caused by the electronics in the tank.
Is the temperature fluctuating also? This could hint to a defective power supply unit.
By the way, the version of ProfiLux Control should always correspond to the firmware version.