PDA

View Full Version : Kh Director doesnt change Kh amount

MarekPro
04.10.2018, 05:24
Hello,

if you can help me maybe I did something wrong in my setup. I read the whole manual but I dont know what i could do wrong.

I set up my KH director. In the attachements you have screens how I set it up so maybe I deduce what is wrond. I would like to Kh director to measure and correct amount od kh liqiud to maintain the Kh value.

Please have a look.

Marek

Thilo
04.10.2018, 09:07
Hello,

your KH Director is already adjusting the dosing amount. The adjustment isn't displayed at the dosing pump page, you can see it at the KHD page only at the table in control section, colum 'Calculated adjustment'. It's 10% in your case, which means that all dosings of pump 4 are increased by 10%.

But before starting to control your KH value, you should configure your KHD to measure the correct KH value. The screenshot shows 0 dKH for the last measurement.

MarekPro
04.10.2018, 09:15
Now it shows 6.7 and day bay day is little bit lower. Where can I check how mamy ml was dosed to the tank? In the pump section there is always for instance 50ml how I written.

Thilo
04.10.2018, 09:32
Actually it's not possible to log the dosing amounts but you could check the fill level of the pump.

MarekPro
04.10.2018, 10:17
I see. So why it is going down I mean I head result 6.9 now it is 6.7? It should be closer 7 than going down?

Vinny
04.10.2018, 12:14
If you feel the KH readings provided by the KHD need some adjusting, please take a look at this page:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kh-director-tips-troubleshooting/

The above will tell you how to achieve maximum accuracy.

If day-to-day KH results fluctuate, it could also be related to the ALK consumption rate in your reef. If values continue to fall, then this suggests that the current ALK dosing schedule is not enough to keep up with your aquarium's ALK demand.