PDA

View Full Version : networking expansion boxes

aqua_digital
10.01.2010, 16:03
A vist majority of clients that have purchased expansion boxes are asking the same thing.

Can (or will) the expansion boxes be able to be connected directly into a home network instead of directly back to the profiLux.

the demand for this feature is becoming more and more requested as it makes networking the profilux much simpler and also far more appealing to clients.

dr.dotti
10.01.2010, 18:49
So fare I know, you can use the cabel's of the home Network put you can not connect the expansion boxes direkt to Ethernet. The expansion boxes have to be connectet to the PAB of the PL3.

Coralleida
10.01.2010, 19:25
Yes dotti, I've been told the same. You can't connect PAB devices directly to an Ethernet connection, because ethernet protocol it's not the same as PAB protocol.

Some time ago I told Matthias to develop a PAB router, so in big facilities will be easier to design the whole installation

aqua_digital
10.01.2010, 22:45
I think question to Matthias is - will in the future this be available possibly with the now not so used PLM-LAN? or even PLM-WLAN.

I understand the hub, thats simple but it means routing a complete new network just for profilux where if the technology is there to put the expansion box on the home "general" network, ProfiLux suddenly takes another giant leap forward.

GHL Support
11.01.2010, 08:45
The ExpansionBox is a PAB device and must be connected to the PAB bus.

Perhaps in future it's possible to communicate with the ProfiLux via a PLM-LAN installed in the ExpansionBox, but the connectioin from the ExpansionBox to the ProfiLux must made via PAB.