PDA

View Full Version : Consult ph and GHL Profilux 4 voltage

pablouy
05.09.2018, 20:52
Hello how are you? My name is Pablo and I live in Uruguay. On Sept. 17, I went to Orlando and wanted to buy an GHL Profilux 4.
My question is if with GHL 4 I can control the ph inside the calcium reactor chamber? And if at the same time I can turn off the reactor with GHL 4 if the pH of the aquarium drops below 7.9?
I also want to ask you if GHL 4 come only for 110v current? In my country, 220v is used. Maybe using a transformer I can still use it, but I want to check it before buying.
If you help me with these questions I would be grateful.
Greetings from Uruguay.

Vinny
06.09.2018, 13:51
Hello Pablo,

Thank you for your interest in our ProfiLux 4 controller.

Yes, the P4 can most certainly control your calcium reactor based on the pH readings of the reactor chamber. To do this you would need to have a dedicated probe inserted into the main calcium reactor chamber. The solenoid valve would also have to be connected to one of the controllable power outlets on the Powerbar 5.1. With this setup, you will be able to set the desired pH value for this probe and assign the socket (with connected solenoid) to react based on the pH readings.

If you wanted to control your calcium reactor based on display tank pH values, you can do this also.

110V versions are available to the North American markets.
If you order from GHL Germany, they can send you a 220V model.
If the order is placed through GHL USA, it would be a special order item with a 3-4 week lead time.

pablouy
06.09.2018, 15:52
Thanks for the reply. So in Florida, USA, I will not find Profilux 220v?

PIWAWT
07.09.2018, 05:03
Hello pablouy
You can buy any Profiluy device. The device itself is the same and you can buy a power supply in Uruquay.
220V AC grounded (e.g. for medical devices), 12V 1.5A DC

@Vinny
has the Profilux 4 in the USA not a wide range power supply 100 - 240 VAC (50 - 60 Hz), < 0.6 A RMS ?

regards Pit

Vinny
07.09.2018, 17:18
As Pit mentioned, the product itself will work with 110V or 220V.

The US warehouse stocks power supplies with 110V power cables. The power supply itself is a wide-range PSU. If you wish to purchase from the US company, you would only need to supply the 220V power cable and connect it to the PSU.

PIWAWT
07.09.2018, 17:49
If I have determined it correctly, you need a cable with a connector type F, type L, or type I. Only these have a PE connection. At the power supply you need a cold plug (C13) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320).

regards Pit