PDA

View Full Version : Kessil a360we - LBF-AP?

lylelovett
15.08.2018, 16:23
Hi all,

Having recently decided to go GHL instead of Neptune for my new (and first) mixed reef ever, I'm excited to be part of the community!

I am putting together my Profilux parts list and had a question about connecting Kessil a360we Tuna Blue lights... I have seen on other posts here that I will need the LBF-AP part to connect the light(s).

To clarify, I will need 1x LBF-AP for each light I want to connect/control, correct? So since I have 3x Kessil lights, I will need 3x LBF-AP, correct?

Thanks!
J

Vinny
15.08.2018, 22:53
Hi there,

First off, allow me to welcome you to the GHL club. :)

Now for your question
Each 1-10V breakout box (formerly called LBF-AP) can control 2 independent channels. Since these Kessils run on 2 channels where 1 is for color and the other is for intensity, you would need 1x breakout box per A360we.

So in short, for 3x A360we you need 3x breakout boxes.

Vinny
15.08.2018, 23:00
I'll also add that the other option is to just use 1x breakout box and wire all 3x color channels into the first 1-10V channel and the 3x intensity channels to the other channel on the breakout box.

With this setup, the ProfiLux would control all 3x Kessils on 2 separate Illumination channels where 1 Illumination channel is the color and another Illumination is the intensity.

lylelovett
16.08.2018, 02:59
I'll also add that the other option is to just use 1x breakout box and wire all 3x color channels into the first 1-10V channel and the 3x intensity channels to the other channel on the breakout box.

With this setup, the ProfiLux would control all 3x Kessils on 2 separate Illumination channels where 1 Illumination channel is the color and another Illumination is the intensity.

And I think I read that I do not need the Kessil controller correct? The Apex cable will connect from the last daisy-chained light to the breakout box (after modifying the RJ45 end)?

Vinny
16.08.2018, 12:52
Yes, you just need the communication cable modified and connected to the breakout box. No additional controller needed.