PDA

View Full Version : KH Director pump calibration

Bagirka
16.07.2018, 15:59
Hello,
I've set up everything and now I have to calibrate the pumps....do I understand correctly that when calibrate I have to remove the tubes from Director and pump in measuring cup ...or do I leave everything set up and the fluid will come out the waste line? This part is very confusing TBH, instructions doesn't explain this part very well. The normal doser is obvious but here the sample water enters the director ....

Many thanks!

Bagirka
16.07.2018, 20:30
I calibrated the pumps with the tubes off the director, then calibrated the probe...checked all several times ...and even watched the videos on youtube, all done just as shown. Then I measured my dkh, it's reading 14.5dkh!!!! however my real measurement is 7.5 (this is verified by Hanna which was always spot on. What is going on?)

Bagirka
16.07.2018, 21:33
Now the reading is 7.3 without doing anything? I guess it has mind of it's own and fingers crossed it's ok tomorrow so I can see how close it is to Hanna

could you please verify that to calibrate the pumps I have to detach the hoses from director, have the lines full and calibrate like normal doser) well, that's what I'm thinking or how else it's possible )

Thilo
17.07.2018, 08:20
After setting up the KH Director it can take 2-3 measurements till the reading is correct and constant.
Yes you have to calibrate the pumps like on a normal Doser.

Bagirka
17.07.2018, 13:50
Thank you, I'm using the SA 2.1 as master at the moment, because my Profilux 4 finds the doser but only KH director can be added, do I need to change the SA 2.1 into slave first and then add as PUB device?

Thilo
17.07.2018, 14:46
Yes you have to set the Doser to a slave to assign it to another GHL device via PAB.

Bagirka
17.07.2018, 15:34
OMG!) took me all day yesterday and this was my pure guess so why not have things like this in BOLD in instructions)))

Thank you for your help!

Bagirka
18.07.2018, 11:30
I have another issue once again, so I used USB and made the SA 2.1 as slave, connected all PAB cables as shown in manuals. 1 port from Profilux 4 goes to SA 2.1 then from SA 2.1 goes to KH director. Second port on Profilux 4 is used for PAB Bar.

So I assigned "by ticking boxes" the Doser (which is now slave) and KH director to Profilux 4 Pab devices, they are showing up as added PAB devices but when ever I add KH director the unit is flashing amber. when I take the KH director off it settles to blue.

Vinny
18.07.2018, 14:41
Check your dosing container fill levels on all channels. All except the 2 used for the water sample and drain KHD functions should be filled.

Bagirka
18.07.2018, 16:09
I've checked all settings, the only container filled is Pump2 500ml is "green color" (reagent), the other fill levels are grey color....
also went through part 1-3 of KH director installation videos, nothing I can see was any different I'm doing over and over. Besides if I set it up without profilux 4 as stand alone with KH director then everything is fine and no amber light!

If I add just the doser as slave to Profilux 4 PUB devices then no amber either (so fill levels have nothing to do with it imo)

If I add KH director as a PUB device - amber light straight away. When I remove the director it's blue straight away (that's with doser still present as PAB device)

Am I missing something? I have Redox, PH, temp,salinity probes in Profilux 4, and now the new PH probe in KH director.

Very lost why amber, please help(

Bagirka
18.07.2018, 16:55
Just had a look at Level in profilux 4 (while amber is flashing) it has X at Nr. 2 (fill) - but I have filled it over and over and saved it to make sure, also if I want to manually reset the alarm it's blank so I can't press it