PDA

View Full Version : Remote Reboot

myprofilux
13.07.2018, 09:15
Hi All,

I can't find a way but if there is I would be really appreciative if one could show me. Is there a way to remote reboot a P4. When you do the wifi updates etc it stays in Operation Mode and you physically have to go to the box and cycle the power. If there isn't an option to remote reboot could there be a possibility to add it. It prevents one to always have to go to your P4 some of us the P4 is far from the actual tank / house.

Thilo
13.07.2018, 10:03
Hello,

there is no option to reboot any GHL-device via software and because there is no normal case where this option would be needed it wouldn't make much sense to add this option.
After a firmware update, when the device is still in download-mode, it isn't possible to connect to the device via software.

myprofilux
13.07.2018, 11:07
Hello,

there is no option to reboot any GHL-device via software and because there is no normal case where this option would be needed it wouldn't make much sense to add this option.
After a firmware update, when the device is still in download-mode, it isn't possible to connect to the device via software.Thank you for the feed back. What I am referring to is when you do an update via the update tool, the Com port is still available. The P4 stays in operations mode, so one so still be able to communicate with it via the upload mode? Or something like when it is finished doing the flash in the tool gives or ask the question would you like to restart.?

Otherwise the device just stays in operations mode......

Do you think that is possible?

MatthiasF
13.07.2018, 12:42
This is not possible.
While being in 'Transparent Mode' the comport is routed directly to the WiFi-module
But you can upgrade the WiFi-firmware with the built-in Webserver, which will restart and can communicate with ProfiLux 4/Mitras LX7.

myprofilux
13.07.2018, 13:15
This is not possible.
While being in 'Transparent Mode' the comport is routed directly to the WiFi-module
But you can upgrade the WiFi-firmware with the built-in Webserver, which will restart and can communicate with ProfiLux 4/Mitras LX7.

Ok that makes sense and I understand that!

Thank you for the clarification.