PDA

View Full Version : first patch P4 cannot access through WIFI

cshuming
03.06.2018, 16:25
Bought the first patch P4 2 years ago.
Set all the WIFI when I got it, but cannot access GCC through WIFI. I think you must work on the patch to fix that.
And I got P3.1 working very well. But after 2 year now, when I use GCC 1113 and update to the newest firmware and WIFI firmware.
It still cannot work, no choice need to post and ask. But my P3.1 works perfect and event can access with newest App.

I had set the device as 2, and WIFI setting as below.

Please HELP!!! I have many friends around me kept ask me to teach them.

PIWAWT
03.06.2018, 21:23
Hello
The WIFI module must match the firmware of the Profilux, and GHL ControlCenter. First perform a firmware update on the WIFI module to version 9719. And make sure that the Profilux also has the current firmware.
The current firmware can be found in the installation directory of the GHL ControlCenter

regards Pit

cshuming
04.06.2018, 18:09
Hi Pit:

Thank you for the quick reply. I think that is the problem. But when I try to upgrade WIFI module through Web server, "dial tcp 192.168.1.21:80: i/o timeout" appear. I was using firefox and I even cannot Ping the IP. Is there any other way to update the WIFI module?

Regards Steve Chen

PIWAWT
04.06.2018, 19:32
Hi Steve
You can do the update with USB. For this you need the WiFi_FirmwareUpdateTool. You can find it at
C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_V1114\WiFi\WiFi-Firmware-Update-Tool

Regards Pit

Vinny
04.06.2018, 20:59
Based on what you have in your screenshot, the P4 is connected to your WiFi network...that's good.

If you're having trouble connecting via WiFi using GHL Control Center, chances are it is a windows firewall issue.
A recent windows 10 update made changes to Windows Firewall which blocks access to the P4 over WiFi on GCC.

The fix to this is to open WINDOWS DEFENDER FIREWALL, click ALLOW AN APP THROUGH WINDOWS DEFENDER, select GCC, and click OK.

cshuming
05.06.2018, 01:30
Hi Pit:
Use the tool is only able to update to 6619.

cshuming
05.06.2018, 01:37
Based on what you have in your screenshot, the P4 is connected to your WiFi network...that's good.

If you're having trouble connecting via WiFi using GHL Control Center, chances are it is a windows firewall issue.
A recent windows 10 update made changes to Windows Firewall which blocks access to the P4 over WiFi on GCC.

The fix to this is to open WINDOWS DEFENDER FIREWALL, click ALLOW AN APP THROUGH WINDOWS DEFENDER, select GCC, and click OK.

Thank you for reply. Yes it can connect to WIFI, but PC cannot ping to it. And my GCC can connect to old P3.1 through WIFI and can Ping through. But P4 cannot connect even after I set allow in Firewall.

Besides, the problem appear in GCC is very strange, after press connect, shows "Loading system information --Please wait", but after few second, it disappear suddenly and nothing happen after that. Please HELP!!!

MatthiasF
05.06.2018, 07:21
Hello,

we can see in the screenshot, that your ProfiLux4 is connected to myGHL. This means,
the network configuration is good.

Double check the ip in GHL Control Center and keep in mind, that only one connection with GCC is possible at the same time.

If you still have problems, we need detailled information of the error codes, in order to assist you with your setup.

cshuming
05.06.2018, 11:25
Thank you reply.
Yes, it shows able to connect and I am able to add, but when I try to open up.
It just disconnected. as following:

And I check and double check, use the same setting like P3.1. Just GCC cannot connect,
and there is no error msg. After Loading..... sign finished, nothing is happened. Usually will appear the content after that right?
And I cannot access the web server too, but I can access P3.1 web server function.
Pls. advice, or should I send back the device for your checking?

MatthiasF
06.06.2018, 12:29
Hello,

reset the WiFi network settings. This can be easily done by triggering the 'Start WPS' function in GHL Control Center,
which you therefore connect via USB connection.
After this, restart ProfiLux 4 and reconfigure the networking settings.

For DNS-IP-address use the google-DNS-server 8.8.8.8.

cshuming
07.06.2018, 15:58
Thank you Sir, I done that. Still cannot work. But as you know google is totally blocked by our lovely government.
I did try on other network too, but just cannot work. But my P3.1 works perfect.

MatthiasF
08.06.2018, 08:20
You can use also alternative DNS-IPs like Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1.
For further investigation, open a ticket in our support system: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/tickets-enquiries/