PDA

View Full Version : Flow sensor not acknowledged

Deep Reef
31.05.2018, 01:46
I plug the sensor in to the green socket. Assigned flow sensor 1 to connection 1. Calibrated it to 12.4 for my 9000 l/m unit and no flow indicated.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny
31.05.2018, 12:57
From our P4 Programming manual

7 Flow
ProfiLux 4 allows you to connect Flow sensors to our controller. These can be connected to the permanently installed level inputs 1 or 2 and to ProfiLux Expansion cards with level inputs.

By having the flow sensor connected to the green port, you have it connected to LEVEL 3/4 which is incorrectly connected.
Connect your flow sensor to the purple port, LEVEL 1/2.

Deep Reef
31.05.2018, 13:09
From our P4 Programming manual

7 Flow
ProfiLux 4 allows you to connect Flow sensors to our controller. These can be connected to the permanently installed level inputs 1 or 2 and to ProfiLux Expansion cards with level inputs.

By having the flow sensor connected to the green port, you have it connected to LEVEL 3/4 which is incorrectly connected.
Connect your flow sensor to the purple port, LEVEL 1/2.

Man thanks Vinny I'm such an idiot....All is working fine. Thanks for a quick response

josepzp
05.06.2018, 12:11
Hi!!
To take advantage of the thread ... would it work with the Splitter Cable for Level Sensors (PL-LY)?
Thanks

Vinny
05.06.2018, 18:40
PL-LY splitter cables can be connected to any LEVEL port.

2 flow sensors can be connected to level 1/2 and to a 4Level expansion card.

josepzp
06.06.2018, 07:55
Ah! Ok, but, last question, Can I use the splitter, connecting the Flow Sensor and a Level Sensor?
Or in other words, can I connect two different sensors (flow and level) to each end of the splitter?
Thank you very much

PIWAWT
06.06.2018, 08:29
Yes, all you have to do is assign them to the correct port

regards Pit

ispookie666
13.07.2018, 13:12
Hi
Will the flow sensor work on Expansion Box which is connected to a P3 ex? My other level ports are occupied

Vinny
13.07.2018, 23:00
If the expansion box has the PLM-4Level expansion card installed, yes.

Zisu-reef
22.02.2020, 18:58
I conneced the flow sensor to splitter cable at the purple port and to the purple side , at the green port the level aensor is conn , its not working

Thilo
24.02.2020, 08:23
I conneced the flow sensor to splitter cable at the purple port and to the purple side , at the green port the level aensor is conn , its not working

Please open a ticket regarding this issue: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/tickets-enquiries/

Zisu-reef
27.02.2020, 15:49
The problem was with the splitter cable

nechoj
10.03.2021, 22:38
I am facing the same problem.
I have mounted to flow sensors with splitter cable on the green connecton (sensor 1/2). On he pruple i am getting a reading on the green i do not get any reading. If I swith cables from flow sensors, i only get reading on the green connection from the splitter cable.
What is the solution to have 2 flow sensor reading on my profilux?
Thank you in advance.

Thilo
11.03.2021, 14:55
I am facing the same problem.
I have mounted to flow sensors with splitter cable on the green connecton (sensor 1/2). On he pruple i am getting a reading on the green i do not get any reading. If I swith cables from flow sensors, i only get reading on the green connection from the splitter cable.
What is the solution to have 2 flow sensor reading on my profilux?
Thank you in advance.

In that case, the splitter cable is also the problem. We will reply to your ticket with more information.