PDA

View Full Version : P3 Upgrade Memory Test Ok Loop

freemchr
04.01.2010, 02:48
Hi Guys,

I have just finished the upgrade to the P3. However when I turn the unit on it stays stuck in a Checking Hardware, Memory Test Ok Loop. And the screen goes dark and light. Any ideas? If I cant get this working today will need to put the P2 kit back.

Cheers

freemchr
04.01.2010, 06:59
Have replaced the internals with the P2 kit and its working again.. with the P3 upgrade running get the memory test ok, then dark and light the screen, then back to memory test ok.

To add to this I followed the P3 Instructions exactly. And even pulled the unit apart and went over them about four times. But the screen keeps going light and dark and memory test ok.

I originally had the P4L card installed and the PH / Redox Controller Card, but also removed them and the unit is doing the same thing.

aqua_digital
04.01.2010, 14:04
This is classic fault when the modifications to the casing are not followed as in the instructions or you then put the top casing back on the wrong way round after modification.

We can easily see the component damage when returned as it literally crushes the transistor.

Only option return to vendor for at cost replacment.

freemchr
04.01.2010, 14:24
I find this very hard to believe. The instructions where followed exactly. And the casing was put on exactly as per the instructions AFTER it had been tested by plugging it in before even putting the casing back on. Having a look at all components no transistor is damaged nor damage to any other components. Will send back to the vendor and see what happens. Thanks.

aqua_digital
04.01.2010, 14:25
where are you located?

The fault is identical in every respect to the reason why the casing mod has to be done, the usual suspect is a tiiny transistor that sits on the edge of the processor, this gets slightly pushed off center and breaks the legs, which you can see under a scope.

freemchr
04.01.2010, 14:30
Sydney Australia. The casing mod was done as per the instructions, and the unit was pre plugged in before the casing was reconnected to ensure it booted up correctly. Just had a look again at the unit and no transistors appear to be damaged or mislodged.

aqua_digital
04.01.2010, 14:37
This is the reason why GHL have now banned all home installs.

Please return to your Australian representitive. Sorry i can not help from Canada.

aqua_digital
04.01.2010, 14:53
there also is a chance the firmware just did not load correctly (last hope option) so please re try loading the firmware using the flash tool as directed by matthias, you will find instructions on the forum for this.

Try this before returning anything