PDA

View Full Version : KH Director problem

Going Deep
24.02.2018, 00:12
My KH director did not take a sample at my prescribed time. So I manually started a measurement.....I heard an alarm coming either from my doser 2.1 or the KH director (loud one). I went to look and found that the water supply (pump #1) was stopped. I stopped the calibration and I started the vent and flush procedure. Vent went fine and then started the flush, after about 30-60 seconds, while watching pump #1, the alarm sounded as soon as the pump stopped. Please help!

Going Deep
24.02.2018, 14:59
My KH director did not take a sample at my prescribed time. So I manually started a measurement.....I heard an alarm coming either from my doser 2.1 or the KH director (loud one). I went to look and found that the water supply (pump #1) was stopped. I stopped the calibration and I started the vent and flush procedure. Vent went fine and then started the flush, after about 30-60 seconds, while watching pump #1, the alarm sounded as soon as the pump stopped. Please help!

I found out that the vent tube in the back of the KHD was pinched (likely resulted from when I was trimming the tube in the waster water container to ensure that it was not submerged in waste water). Got to test and the measurement was 7.2 (.5 lower than my readings for a week). I also get a periodic alarm but not consistent. Does any one know the alarm? cant tell whether it is coming from the KHD or the doser.

Vinny
24.02.2018, 16:12
If the KHD is running off of a D2.1SA, the alarm can be caused by things like a dosing container needing a refill, waste bin needing to be emptied, not enough reagent to do a test, KH result being outside of the accepted range, etc.

Going Deep
24.02.2018, 16:52
It is not the containers. I reset all of them. Not the reagent. Kh range alarms is inactive. When the alarm sounds, I notice pump 1 stops. Sent an email for more descriptions

Vinny
24.02.2018, 23:28
Connect using GCC, do a manual KH test, then look at the status text and see if an alarm is triggered.

Going Deep
24.02.2018, 23:52
The Doser is slaved to profilux. Did conduct a couple of tests and no errors although the readings were very low. Alarm sounded with pump 1. I have subsequently tried manual test and now I am consistently getting the alarms and the the pump is not pumping. Manual start of pump on the doser is not successful(no pumping). Suspect bad pump 1. Can I connect the water intake to pump 4 with the right tube length? If bad doser how do I get a replacement? Thru u or the dealer I got it from?

Vinny
25.02.2018, 03:13
Since it is connected to a ProfiLux, you should be able to see the display and see what is causing the alarm. What does the text say when the alarm is activated?

When you press the manual override button on the doser itself, does it spin normally?

Please post screenshots of your KHD settings and pump 1 settings.

Going Deep
25.02.2018, 11:30
On the profilux 4, I get no error. I get "ok" after the measurement is complete even when I get alarms. When it alarms, no error. On manual override, the pump does not spin. I moved the functions of pump #1 (water supply) to pump #4 and so far after two samples, I get consistent readings and no alarms. I will post screenshots once I figure out how to do that. Thanks Vinny/

Going Deep
25.02.2018, 11:44
Here is my KHD Settings.

Going Deep
25.02.2018, 11:47
One other thing, i just took this sample at 530am and note the last sample taken is at 733 pm. I am at EST and UTC is at -5. Dont understand why the measurement time is off.

MatthiasF
07.03.2018, 09:04
This is correct, the timezone EST is just off five hours to 'Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)'