PDA

View Full Version : KHD and doser set up

JamesD
13.02.2018, 00:04
Hi

I have currently have a P4, and a standalone doser 2.1SA dosing Triton, but it is not connected to the P4. I have bought a KHD and another doser 2.1 SA to dose the KH.

I want to daisy chain them all. What is the best way to do this e.g. P4->KHD->KH Doser 2.1>Triton doser 2.1? (this is my preferred option)

If so, once I've connected them by PAB in series, do i have to assign both standalone doser 2.1s on the P4 and will this overwrite any existing settings on the Triton P4 (the KH doser 2.1SA has never been set up). Is it as simple as that? Presumably I set the KH doser as pumps 1-4 and the Triton doser as pumps 5-8?

PS I bought SA dosers as wanted the flexibility to use them standalone if needed, but feel it would be easier to have them all controlled by the P4 now.

Thanks
James

Vinny
13.02.2018, 01:19
Hi James,

The other in which you place these devices does not matter.

You can leave your Triton D2.1 unit as is and connect both the KHD and new D2.1 off of the Triton D2.1 unit. For pump numbering, the new D2.1 would be assigned to 5-8 and would be controlled by the KHD. In the KHD settings, you would then select which pumps to assign to the KHD (5,6,7).

Before connecting and assigning the new D2.1 SA, make sure you connect to it via USB and set the doser to SLAVE mode. Once you do that, connect it to the P4 system and assign the device.