PDA

View Full Version : Your own website in ProfiLux 3!

Matthias
26.12.2009, 17:44
Hi

finally here are the instructions:

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/User_designed_web_pages_for_ProfiLux_3.pdf

the AJAX-part will be ready in a few days

Chew
29.12.2009, 23:34
Hi Matthias

I'm eagerly awaiting my P3. Out of interest can the webserver handle CSS?

Regards
Matt

boboxx
30.12.2009, 02:42
yes, a css is just a file on the server like a image or a html page... you could even put other types of file on the server if you wanted to.

C.

hemoi
01.01.2010, 09:58
Hi,
Do I need an admin user name and password to access the webserver ?
I am using a standard FTP program (CuteFTP) but I cannot access the server to upload or look at the file structure on the server ?

Regards,
Hemant

dr.dotti
01.01.2010, 12:07
You must use TFTP and not FTP!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivial_File_Transfer_Protocol

hemoi
04.01.2010, 01:20
Thanks.
Using TFTP. I am able to:
1. upload files to the server. However even if i upload a "user.html" file it does not seem to read it. I still get a 404 error. It confirms via filesize that it uploaded ok.
2. If I upload a .jpg file for example I can access this file via browser, no problems.

3. Also, if I try to "get" any of the files from the server. I get a 0kb file size return. Is this just a firmware issue that we need to wait for ?

Any ideas ?

Regards,
Hemant

boboxx
04.01.2010, 13:48
Try deleting the user files first using Profilux Control first then re-upload

there is no support for the get, you can only put.

hemoi
04.01.2010, 22:54
Thanks, it seems to be working now :)

Regards,
Hem

Himat
06.01.2010, 20:16
hi
i would like to find out how to tftp to P3 server ,what program to use and how
also is there any thing on the sever to start with as i get cant connect to server ,i am using the address the profilux show first through the menu and i have set the other ip address ,subnet and gateway so that the pc program can access the P3 via network.

Himat

Matthias
07.01.2010, 09:06
I use tftp32

Himat
07.01.2010, 11:51
hi
Matthias

any idots guides on what commands to use with tftp to up load.

Himat

boboxx
07.01.2010, 11:53
just use the client part of tftp32....

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

evilscoop
07.01.2010, 16:03
I seem to just get a blank page...

I have this in my user.html file :-

<p>Firmware - $$FWVS$$ $$FWDA$$</p>
<p>orp $$SWIS[05]$$</p>

user.html was created in vim on linux, if that makes any differance and uploaded with std linux tftp command line program

Least im not getting a 404....so something is there....:(

GHL Support
08.01.2010, 14:54
you have to implement a complete HTML file with header, body,...

<html>
<head>
<title>My Page</title>

//... other header things

</head>
<body>

<p>Firmware - FW-Version:5.00i vom 08.01.2010</p>
<p>orp S 6: Aus</p>

//... other html code

</body>
</html>

evilscoop
08.01.2010, 15:33
doh...
I thought it said in the manual that it took care of that...

Thanks for that

Blahenazo
23.01.2010, 07:36
can somebody post a prt screen of his tftpd32 screens ?

Bigman
23.01.2010, 12:16
how much space is there to use html files.

/Bigman

Matthias
23.01.2010, 12:48
at the moment we reserved 256kB for user's files
there is more memory available but first we have to cover all other functions, then we can see if there is something left to increase this space

Matthias
23.01.2010, 12:51
can somebody post a prt screen of his tftpd32 screens ?

here you are

just invoke "put" and the file will be uploaded to P3

Bigman
23.01.2010, 13:58
at the moment we reserved 256kB for user's files
there is more memory available but first we have to cover all other functions, then we can see if there is something left to increase this space

Thanks for another quick reply.
256KB is certain enough for most.
Can we get a Token which only gives the status of a switch, without a name (eg S 1)
Do you think it may be possible that it may create a png image of live data for use in eg. forumsignatures. Something like http://nimb.eu:81/co2a.html

/ Bigman

Matthias
23.01.2010, 16:26
Tokens for switches: Had already been changed in V5.00i, I will upload the newest description in a few minutes to our download site

I don`t think that ProfiLux will produce dynamically generated image files in the net time

Matthias
23.01.2010, 16:50
XML files are supported in version 5.00i -> it is possible to create a newsfeed

boboxx
24.01.2010, 00:45
if you are using 5.00i you can use : $$SWIN[nn]$$

jdrabek
26.01.2010, 05:14
Where is the idiots guide to making a web page?

Will I be able to put my webcam on my webpage so that I can see what is going on with the tank where ever I am?

jdrabek
26.01.2010, 05:19
Any good free software to create my site in?

Bigman
26.01.2010, 17:59
Where is the idiots guide to making a web page?

Will I be able to put my webcam on my webpage so that I can see what is going on with the tank where ever I am?

a good start is http://www.w3schools.com/ and notepad.

/Bigman

Bigman
26.01.2010, 18:03
Any good free software to create my site in?

Take a look i this wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website_builder ther is a list of HTML editore.

/Bigman

carballada
08.03.2010, 16:05
Is it planned to add some tokens for manage alarms?

I think it will be very useful.

Matthias
09.03.2010, 11:16
yes is planned

carballada
18.03.2010, 14:53
yes is planned

some news regarding these news tokens ?? (maybe for 'l' ports and alarms....:D)

BRascal1
20.03.2010, 11:42
how does one delete a file they put but don't want - I tried jpgs as pngs are pretty big when you only have 256k. I'll second that on access to the alarms - that would be very useful.

Matthias
21.03.2010, 10:22
there is a function under system - > webserver -> delet own files now

dwsps180
02.04.2010, 20:59
Any updates to documentation other than the PDF link in the original post? Is there a token for the tunze pump settings?

Thanks

rui
15.04.2010, 13:14
anyway of making this more user friendlier majority of us are not that tech envy it might be the most simple thing to some but for others sure looks foreign language.lol :)

sorry to say but just cant afford a tech eveytime something big and must get comes up!!

hemoi
25.05.2010, 08:27
Hi
In the firmware changelog, you mention
"new tokens for generation for dynamic wep pages"
Do we have an updated list of all the tokens now available please.

Kind Regards,
Hemant

Matthias
26.05.2010, 16:49
this is the newest version
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/User_designed_web_pages_for_ProfiLux_3.pdf

hemoi
27.05.2010, 11:53
Thats great. Thanks

carballada
27.05.2010, 14:56

thank you, I like $$ALMS$$ to much, but what happens with $$GCOV[n]$$? where I can find info about this 'raw data'?
and one question more: wich is the minimun firmware version for these tokens?

Matthias
28.05.2010, 07:22
wich is the minimun firmware version for these tokens? 5.01q

$$GCOV[n]$$? good one - at the moment only registered developers have access to these information
I have to think about this - because there are many risks with access to raw data for everyone

richard.mayo
08.08.2010, 11:46
has anyone designed a webpage that looks good that they can share with the rest of us?

mdanielse
21.04.2011, 18:49
This is the webpage I uploaded to my Profilux. I must mention that my aquarium is not jet filled with water. There is still some work to be done on the tank. So not all the values are shown.

In one look you can see the overall status of the aquarium. The ability to create your own webpage on the Profilux webserver is really a cool feature.

Sorry that the webpage is in Dutch(that's were i live), but i think that most of it is self explanatory.

has anyone designed a webpage that looks good that they can share with the rest of us?

Franklin
18.11.2011, 08:11
hi all,

I finally got it to work to have my email notification up and running to send status via mail. Now i would like to take it further on the WEB.
Can somebody help me getting my P3ex up and running to make use of the WEB abilities. I've read a lot but as a not programmer i simply can't understand what to do. Are there predefined user.html scripts available, clear instructions as to what to type into PLC etc. how to upload what to what etc.

This is what i've got:

P3ex, FW 5.05, PLC 5.0.6.0
GHL PH, temp,redox, cond. sensor
GHL Powerbar with 2 sockets 1+2 in use for main lighting on/off,
GHL LED for moon/sunrise/thunder etc.
2 Tunze E-pumps 6105
GHL dosing pumps (4) for OSM,Trace elements, KH and Magnesium
GHL level sensor (flotter to be installed) in sump

Many thanks

BigAl07
02.12.2011, 01:53
hi all,

I finally got it to work to have my email notification up and running to send status via mail. Now i would like to take it further on the WEB.
Can somebody help me getting my P3ex up and running to make use of the WEB abilities. I've read a lot but as a not programmer i simply can't understand what to do. Are there predefined user.html scripts available, clear instructions as to what to type into PLC etc. how to upload what to what etc.

This is what i've got:

P3ex, FW 5.05, PLC 5.0.6.0
GHL PH, temp,redox, cond. sensor
GHL Powerbar with 2 sockets 1+2 in use for main lighting on/off,
GHL LED for moon/sunrise/thunder etc.
2 Tunze E-pumps 6105
GHL dosing pumps (4) for OSM,Trace elements, KH and Magnesium
GHL level sensor (flotter to be installed) in sump

Many thanks

I'm with you Frankin. I'm still looking for a step by step guide and have yet to find the "How to start, setup and maintain your ProfiLux Webpage".

If you or someone has a link to this I would appreciate it greatly.

Allen

doggydoc10
02.12.2011, 02:07
+ 1

Ant104
02.12.2011, 08:09
+2

Franklin
02.12.2011, 10:42
Its getting worse:

- i created a user.htm and uploaded it to P3 (yes, so see it right - .htm) why?
- in word, notepad and frontpage (all under windows 7) they create .htm, not .html as an extension (question, how do i get a true .html extension???)
- in standard GHL WEBserver app under "my site" it does shows the .htm, however without the requested data from P3, so i'm stuck
- I've tried to delete own files from PLC5, says it does it however - GHL WEBserver app under "my site" - still shows the wrong page and even worse
- "my site" does not return to e.g. sensors.html or console.html, it simply shows the page that i've made

questions:

1. what is going on here and how can i correct my mistakes
2. what application can i best use to build a true .html which P3 can read/scan
3. How can i restore a blank page under "my site" as it is stuck now

Anybody with ideas and experiences and corrective measures available? May be the helpdesk of GHL is willing to respond too.

many thanks F.

Matthias
02.12.2011, 11:03
where is the problem to rename a file??

or to save as ...

Franklin
02.12.2011, 11:22
can i send you the word file, saved as webpage, so you can see what i've been doing?

mdanielse
02.12.2011, 13:46
For some things you just have to learn something...... not everything can be created just like that.
The option of the Profilux3 to build your own web-page is great, and not really that difficult.
But if you dont know anything about html, ftp and a few other basic's than it is time to learn, it is just that simple....
You can not blame GHL for the lack of knowledge from your side.

Buy the book "HTML for dummies" and when you are through with it, than you can make a personal Profilux page with not trouble at all.

Franklin
02.12.2011, 16:46
Thanks for the info! i´ll buy that book and start learning - apparently required for aquarists without IT knowledge.

One thing will probably not be in the book is; why an uploaded file (htm(l)) can not be removed via PLC5 according the manual instructions. So i'm still stuck with a file which displays wrong info. Can you help with this please?

mdanielse
02.12.2011, 18:06
I don't see the problem....... just overwrite it with your new en corrected file (with the same filename)......The old file will be gone and replaced by the new uploaded one. So you don't even have to delete anything

One thing will probably not be in the book is; why an uploaded file (htm(l)) can not be removed via PLC5 according the manual instructions. So i'm still stuck with a file which displays wrong info. Can you help with this please?

robertvo
25.01.2012, 21:48
Hi,

I downloaded a standard free website template and adapted that one, but I cant get it to work.
Seems that the profilux can´t read .css files, is that right? CSS is a very commonly accepted file when it comes to websites.... So common that I can´t find any free template without it.

Wirus
25.01.2012, 22:32
Seems that the profilux can´t read .css files
Why should the the PL be able to read CSS files? No server will do so. Reading & interpreting is a browsers job. You have to upload that CSS file and the PL will serve it - but only if you have done all right (path, linking etc). I suggest a path is wrong

BTW: Also the standard web pages uses CSS - the ones used are named site.css and style.css

robertvo
25.01.2012, 22:37
Hmm okay, thanks for the tip, ill re try tomorrow

akwamaciej
16.11.2013, 16:47

but where is this newest version?

Gunther
16.11.2013, 17:23
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=102

akwamaciej
16.11.2013, 20:26
Thank you! :)

pommie
09.06.2015, 02:20
HI,

I think your web page looks great, would you be willing to share the code so i can use it as a template for my own Profilux?

Thanks

This is the webpage I uploaded to my Profilux. I must mention that my aquarium is not jet filled with water. There is still some work to be done on the tank. So not all the values are shown.

In one look you can see the overall status of the aquarium. The ability to create your own webpage on the Profilux webserver is really a cool feature.

Sorry that the webpage is in Dutch(that's were i live), but i think that most of it is self explanatory.

Amoeba
19.06.2015, 18:41
Hello Support Team,
are there tokens for Dosing Pumps and programmable logic. If not, could you please add them?

Metal25
21.12.2015, 18:16
Hi all,
I very much like having my own page so I can show the set of switches and data related to my PL installation.
Now - I hacked c, perl, VB in the past, HTM: is new but seems not too magic.
on the other hand I have no further use for HTML
--> I would love to get someones template or even the Overview.html from the web server.
then I have a good template and could just with minimum effort take out the stuff I do not need - done

to the GHL moderators or others who have a good personal html page on the web server: who would provide her/his template for private use

thanks, Werner

gino555
15.02.2016, 00:59
Can any one publish a template for my site? it looks a excellent feature I just cant use it:(, I am sure someone clever at GHL can make a template!!:cool:

Gunther
15.02.2016, 10:30
Can any one publish a template for my site? it looks a excellent feature I just cant use it, I am sure someone clever at GHL can make a template!!

Maybe it´s a miss-understanding from your side: "My side" is an easy way for you to include your own page for the Profilux.

All things GHL think a webserver should have are already included in the web interface. So I suggest, GHL would populate another version of the "Overview" page to fulfill your request.

However, maybe you wish to have your own layout, sorting, logo .... whatever. That´s what this tab is for. In general it´s not to have another page from GHL - this would be easier by adding a normal tab.

I just cant use it,

Unfortunately you need skills in HTML to create such a page or you have to know anyone who has the needed knowledge.
This is skills are also needed to adapt a page, so it would not be "My side" if you simply populate a template.

If you want a template to start, simply load the "Overview" page from the webserver with the file manager (GCC->System) ad adapt it to your needs.
Helpful would also be the following document: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/user-designed-web-pages-for-profilux-3-3-1/

*Remark to GHL: Maybe it´s an idea to have a switch in the settings to hide the "my side" tab to not confuse the end-user by a tab with a link behind which generate an error message. As an alternative a very simple page with a short explaining of "my side" would prevent the error message.