PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium apps such as Aquarimate linked to Profilux4 / mgGHL?

OzFisho
08.12.2017, 01:55
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for an aquarium record-keeping app which can also receive and log information from a Profilux4 or a myGHL account, in addition to the usual functions of storing user-entered water test results, livestock records and so on.

There are several apps such as Aquarimate and Reefware which can log information from the Neptune Apex (and other controllers) in addition to water and livestock records, but so far I have not been able to find any which support GHL. Are there ANY?

Thanks a heap.

OzFisho.

Vinny
08.12.2017, 08:39
MyGHL logbook is your notepad for adding and managing records of test results, water changes performed, etc. If you want to record the days you add new fish or coral, you can do that also. Just pick a day on the calender and add the note.

Billfw
08.12.2017, 21:42
Vinny,
Would GHL be open to working with 3rd party app developers on the data interface format so that the Profilux can be integrated into apps we already use. I've been a user of aquaticlog for quite a few years and have a lot of data accumulated. I would much rather continue with that app than switching to something new.

Thanks!

OzFisho
11.12.2017, 01:39
The Logbook in MyGHL is very basic and does not offer functions such as automatically graphing water test results over time like most of the 3rd party apps do, so it is not of much use to me.

I support Billfw's previous post and think this would be a very good outcome to support existing apps which already have great functionality and broad user bases, such as AquaticLog and Aquarimate.

:)

alekslyse
11.12.2017, 18:13
The Logbook in MyGHL is very basic and does not offer functions such as automatically graphing water test results over time like most of the 3rd party apps do, so it is not of much use to me.

I support Billfw's previous post and think this would be a very good outcome to support existing apps which already have great functionality and broad user bases, such as AquaticLog and Aquarimate.

:)

For me best case scenario is we would get option to log manually parameters in myghl (nitrates etc) and use those on the graphs along the automatic ones, other than that some api points where we can extract at least measurements. For me I vote for everything in one place; myghl.