PDA

View Full Version : tunze 6105 vs redox

jjb
19.12.2009, 18:14
the redox reading on the proflux has been reading 45mv for the last few weeks,then it dawned on me that it was when i went from a very poor closed loop system to 4 tunze 6105's the increase in flow is amazing.

Anyway when i turn off the tunzes off at the wall socket and the redox returns to normal about 330mv. turn them back on and the redox starts to drop, also if the din plugs are unpluged so the pumps end up at full power the redox starts to return to normal?

Matthias
19.12.2009, 18:18
do I understand correctly - if you unplug the DIN-connectors and the power is present at the same time (pumps run at full power) the readings are OK?

jjb
19.12.2009, 19:58
yes if the din plugs are unpluged with the power still on the tunze pumps the reading starts to go back to normal?

Matthias
20.12.2009, 10:11
ok, then is this a problem we had a few times in the past

some electromagnetical interferences come from the pumps through the into the ProfiLux and cause bad readings

we are aware of this and already started to develop a special electronic filter for this purpose which will be installed between the pumps and the ProfiLux

please watch our forum, we will announce when we are ready with it

jjb
20.12.2009, 11:26
ok thanks ,

jjb
06.05.2010, 19:44
have we any updates on this problem yet as i am now using the tunze controller , just so i can read a stable radox value.

boboxx
06.05.2010, 20:20
I have 2x 6105 and 2x 6055 in my tank on a P3 EX and I dont have that problem... how is the "extra" cables from the probe or the Tunze's stored?

Blahenazo
07.05.2010, 19:35
I first rearranged my cables helped a bit.
although I've added a grounding probe to my tank to get my redox stable.

I have 6105's but I suspected my T5's of the cause (deviation was less when the T5's are off)

jjb
08.05.2010, 08:08
will try extra ground probe in the sump.
i have tried the profilux sat on the floor in front of tank , sensors then go straight to the tank, not next to any power cables and i still get the strange readings its as if the tunze backfeed the profilux. will post after i have done the extra probe.

boboxx
08.05.2010, 10:35
You should be able to messure the voltage with a multimeter. If it's really the Tunze I wouls send it for replacement...

jjb
09.05.2010, 09:51
ok borrowed 2 brand new tunzes , still does the same thing . just did an experiment i put the sensor in a glass with salt water in it ,and the sensor read normal how strange

boboxx
09.05.2010, 11:57
try unpluging one at a time, the lights, the heaters, return pump etc...

jjb
10.05.2010, 08:23
ok , unplugged everything, pumps, heaters, chiller, reefwash, just left the (4)tunze pumps running still the same.did make a bit of a change when i lifted the ph probe out.
after that i unplugged the tunzes and all when ok.
on another point while the lights were off i tried a led lighting rig that is using 2 meanwells on ch3 and 2 meanwells on ch 4 and the same thing happened the radox started to fall.
end result 10mv.
the leds dimmed like they should.
now i am realy confused.
tank control spec:
profilux 3, with cards installed : PLM-4L, PLM-ph-Temp
ProfiLuxView II
ph sensor
radox sensor
temp sensor in tank
temp sensor in sump
2 float switches
2 digital plug bars
1 blue sim light stick
2 tunze kits (2 control 4 pumps)
1 EVG-AP-2F which used to control 2 dimmabl ballasts now the leds
hope this helps

jjb
12.05.2010, 08:18
update:
take the radox probe and put it in a glass of water (isolated form the tank) the radox reading is nice and static as expected, but put an earth probe in the water and instantly the reading starts to fall and ends up at -30mv . take the probe out and it returns to normal.
strange!
how do i get round this? as the main filter pumps are deltec and made of metal so always earthed.

Matthias
18.05.2010, 09:02
what happens if you unplug the Deltec from the mains power?

jjb
18.05.2010, 16:56
hi Matthias
if it unplug the deltec pumps its the same , but if i take all items that earth out the water out of use the reading is restored to normal. take i nice clean earth from the mains and it goes wrong again.

Matthias
18.05.2010, 17:01
maybe it is one single device which causes the trouble

are you able to identify it by unplugging all devices one after the other?

or doesn't it matter and the reading is wrong if at least one grounded device is connected?

what about the PC-connections? what happens if they are unplugged?

jjb
21.05.2010, 17:19
hi unpluged everything, it seems to be when any item make the water ground.eg pumps or chiller.
i have tested the pumps for earth faults and also the chiller and all ok.
its odd that its only when its connected to the tunzes or to the meanwell led drivers.
it would be good to see if someone has a radox probe and also meanwells or tunzes 6105 see if it happens to them.
as i said it does it with the profilux2 and the profilux3

diverdutch
15.06.2010, 08:38
i'm going to check this out because since i have connected my 2 tunze's streamers my redox is decreasing from 350 to 90Mv? I hope Matthias can come-up with a sollutions (plugin insolator) which solves this problem otherwise steering tunze's via the Profilux is discouraged.

Matthias
17.06.2010, 06:28
good news - we are just 1 step ahead of finishing this isolator - we will post when it will be available as soon as we know the exact date

jjb
23.06.2010, 09:45
good work Matthias just hope they are not to costly as its looking like i may need 6 (4 for the tunze and 2 for the meanwells)

Franklin
25.08.2010, 13:26
Tunze 6105 vs redox - i'm also curious to learn about the findings and solutions.

As JJB requested if someone has his combination, well here i am. I've got two Tunze 6105 and PLIIex with redox and sinse the installation 3 weeks ago my redox values have not move a bit. They are constantly around 239/238 Mv. As discussed ierlier with Matthias, i'm curious to learn what is causing this. note: i've just started to implant bacteria in the tank, solely holding dead coral and 20 kilo's of life rock. Although the skimmer is already producing waste, i would expect that the redox would respond,. nothing thus.

JJB and Matthias what is the current status now wrt both the redox and 6105's from your previous discussions:
note 2: My PL is seperated from the cabinet with other powercables to ensure/limit interference, so the redox cable goes directly to the probe holder in the tank not meeting any other cable other than the PH, temp and COND cables from the PL. Any suggestions?

Gr. Franklin

Matthias
25.08.2010, 16:04
what are the redox ADC value?
what does the reading when the probe is immersed in a glas of water outside the tank?

Franklin
25.08.2010, 19:32
Hi Matthias,

Values: according PLControl 5.01.1.1

val1 0mV ADC 468
val2 250mV ADC 564
Tankvalue= 239

with normal tapwater: 289mV after 5 min.
with osmose water: 273mV after 5 min.
then back in tank: 224mV after 5 min.

conclusion?

Gr. Franklin

Hellski
19.09.2010, 19:22
Hi Matthias, just came across this thread as I'm experiencing the same problems as jjb! Do you have an update on the isolator your working on please?

diverdutch
20.09.2010, 09:35
will try extra ground probe in the sump. i have tried the profilux sat on the floor in front of tank , sensors then go straight to the tank, not next to any power cables and i still get the strange readings its as if the tunze backfeed the profilux. will post after i have done the extra probe.

i had the same but after changing to a new GHL redox probe and replacing a new ozon gernerator my mV is back to normal. If you have done all this and still the same idd replace your tunze!

jjb
22.04.2011, 10:16
can any one confirm if changing to a new probe will solve this out standing problem

Matthias
23.04.2011, 09:36
We found out that all issues with bad probe readings (in most cases redox, in rare cases pH and cond.) had been produced through other devices or bad probes, as far as I know all issues had been solved.
In my opinion an isolator is pointless, for this this reason the development and production (which costs a lot of money initially) hasn`t a high priority anymore at the moment.

This could help:
- if the probe is defective (too old) replace it
- if you have an ungrounded ProfiLux power supply the use of a grounded power supply may help to eliminate the interferences from the Tunze pumps (the latest ProfiLux are shipped with a grounded PSU as standard in order to get rid of problems with noise from 3rd party products)

jjb
26.04.2011, 07:24
hi Matthias
the probe is about 9 months old so don't want to replace if i don't have to.
please can you let me know about the new grounded power supply and how to get one. i have just got a new dosing unit is the power supply that comes with that the new type.

GHL Support
28.04.2011, 13:58
You can receive the grounded power supply through your retailer, it is:

Spare-AC/DC-EUR
Ersatz Netzteil Europa, Tischnetzteil incl. Netzkabel

jjb
08.10.2011, 12:44
just an update
i got a grounded power supply and the radox reading has now been stable for the last 2 months, and this may sound odd but the corals seem more heathy ,longer feeders.