PDA

View Full Version : pH alarm from calcium reactor

Vega77
03.08.2017, 07:38
I have a calcium reactor in my reef aquarium which i run only at day time, this to prevent pH to get to low at night.
The co2 is controlled via a solenoid.
I have a pH probe in the aquarium and one in the calcium reactor

Is it possible to get an alarm if the pH is to high in the calcium reactor at daytime ?
That would suggest that my co2 bottle is empty.

In the nighttime i would like to get an alarm if the pH in the calcium reactor is to low, is that possible ?
That would suggest that there is a problem with the solenoid or the outlet socket.

I have noticesd the nocturnal chane function.
But the transition of the pH in the calcium reactor from night to day and reverse is gradualy not instant.

ANd alarm connected with a timer would be nice, but not available as i can see ?

Vinny
03.08.2017, 11:41
If you go to the pH probe settings page, there is an option to enable the alarm function for this probe.

Anytime the value deviates away from the range, an alarm will be triggered.

Vega77
03.08.2017, 11:56
Thanks for joining in Vinny.
I have tried that function, but it doesnt work for my setup.

If i set nominal pH to 6.5 and deviation to 0.5 it would work fine in the daytime when co2 supply is on.
But in night time when co2 is off the pH will gradually in 45-60minutes after co2 is off rise to tank pH, around 8-8.3.
It will then give an alarm even in this normal condition, since it's outside nominal value.

Vega77
03.08.2017, 11:59
Basically i need an alarm i pH is above 7 in daytime, and if is Below 7.5 in night time.
Normal daytime pH is 6.5
Normal night time pH is 8.1

All this from the pH probe in the calcium reactor.

Vinny
03.08.2017, 19:51
Since you're looking to get two separate alarm scenarios from one probe, your best bet is to use our Virtual probe feature. You can create a copy of your probe by using this feature. With a virtual probe, you will have a duplicate probe listed in GCC. This sensor can have it's own set of functions assigned to it and is kept separate from the real probe which can be used for day time pH control.

Creating a Virtual Sensor
1. Press any of the arrow keys on the P4 and select SYSTEM
2. Select VIRTUAL PROBES
3. Select NEW VIRT. PROBE
4. Select COPY
5. Select the probe you wish to copy
6. Save settings

Next time you connect via GCC, you will see a new pH probe entry which will be listed as VIRTUAL. The rules of assigning the probe to a socket will be the same.

If you need to tie-in two functions to a single outlet, you can do so with Programmable Logic.

Combining functions into a single socket w/ PL
1. In GCC, go to the PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC settings page
2. Select an unused gate.
3. Set the function to AND.
4. Input 1 should be the first probe and Input 2 should be the virtual probe.

Once you do that, you can go to the SWITCH CHANNELS AND OUTLETS settings page and assign that programmable logic gate to the desired socket.

Vega77
04.08.2017, 16:31
Is there a way to get alarm for high pH at daytime only and low pH at nighttime only ?

I dont want alarm for low pH at daytime and not alarm for high ph at nighttime, that would be false alarms.
I would have liked to illustrate with a measurment graph, but i have trouble with that as well now.

Vega77
05.08.2017, 23:03
Finally a pH curve showing a normal day/night curve for the calcium reactor pH

Vega77
07.08.2017, 12:07
A simple graffic showing what i mean.
I might be easier to understand, english is not my native language.

The red X indicates the period that i dont want any alarms to avoid false alarms.