PDA

View Full Version : PWC and Expansion box

alekslyse
02.08.2017, 20:02
Can I use the PWC in the Expansion box?

If not is it possible to figure out what the connection strength is on the PWC connected in the P4? I manage to control my Mitras from my sump room (so it got connection), but sometimes it wont control them (but are connected if I manually override) - what happens is I cant save a new composer to the lamps, and have to reboot them. (usually just 2 of 3 lamps get the new program, while the third is locked on its old one, but if I test on it with the slider, all 3 is responding).

Matthias
03.08.2017, 17:48
unfortunately this has not the highest priority since we have tons of other things to do, so I can't give you a date at this time

the PLM-PWC signal is very strong, more than WiFi, in the field you have more than 100m, inside it depends on your walls/ceilings etc.

what happens is I cant save a new composer to the lamps, and have to reboot them.
there is a misunderstanding
the illumination settings are not saved in the lights when you change them
the illumination settings are transmitted all the time, about every 30s, the Mitras (as slave) copy these settings temporarily

so a reboot will not help anything, when you reboot the settings copy in the Mitras disappear and must be filled again, as said a complete transaction takes about 30s
if not all settings are received then another cycle will do it

alekslyse
03.08.2017, 17:54
unfortunately this has not the highest priority since we have tons of other things to do, so I can't give you a date at this time

the PLM-PWC signal is very strong, more than WiFi, in the field you have more than 100m, inside it depends on your walls/ceilings etc.

there is a misunderstanding
the illumination settings are not saved in the lights when you change them
the illumination settings are transmitted all the time, about every 30s, the Mitras (as slave) copy these settings temporarily

so a reboot will not help anything, when you reboot the settings copy in the Mitras disappear and must be filled again, as said a complete transaction takes about 30s
if not all settings are received then another cycle will do it

The problem for me is that everything can work perfectly, then one suddently decide not to listen anymore (while my other two does) - The one that does not follow the "composer - light schedule" does respond on direct interaction (with the slider), but goes back to a setting. I noticed this behaviour when at 8pm it still had the same settings as peak hour (when it should be very dim).

The distance is not too bad. Wooden wall and about 3 meters distance.