PDA

View Full Version : Temperature / humidity card & sensor

instantsquid
10.03.2009, 23:27
Hi,

If I add the temperature and humidity expansion card (PL-0278) - do I have to use the humidity / temperature sensor (PL-0279)?

I had assumed the card gave me two new ports - one being an extra temperature port for use with a temperature probe (PL-0094), and the other being for use with a humidity probe.... but now I'm not so sure!

The reason I ask, is that I want to measure the humidity in a different location from the temperature - so a single probe doesn't help me.

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

GHL Support
11.03.2009, 09:23
Yes, you have to use the humidity / temperature sensor with this card which offers only one combined port.
Please note: the temperature sensor of this card is only for air temperature, not for water temperature.
In your case I suggest to use the humidity / temperature card with the corresponding sensor for the humidity measurement
and for the water temperature measurement at the other location the "normal" temperature input at the ProfiLux if it is not occupied yet.

instantsquid
11.03.2009, 10:51
Hi Carolin,
Thanks for the quick reply.

My existing temperature input is already in use, measuring the water temperature in the sump underneath the tank.

I wanted to additionally measure the water temperature in a remote sump (which is located outside, hence the need to monitor it!) - I've asked on another thread about adding multiple temperature sensors, and it does appear that this is one area that the ProfiLux is quite limited.

Matthias
11.03.2009, 12:45
there is a combo card pH/Temp available
the reason is that the users in most cases also want to measure a second pH-value when they are going to measure a second temperature