PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Kalk and ATO

evilscoop
17.12.2009, 10:33
Ok my current setup isnt working for this, and after 2 days thought id see if I could get some advice

Ive setup 2 sockets on the power with the following logic :-

Water 1
and
PH increase

Water 1
and
PH Decrease

Ive set ph to 8 with hysteresis to 0.1 (tried from 0.3 to 0.1 here)
My ph operation mode is set to fixed pulse (3secs on 10 secs off)
Reason being my peri pump (sp3000) flows a bit fast for kalk, so im pulsing it gain better drip control

Now, all is fine, except when ph is = to set value....there is neither an increase or decrease signal (hence my current low hysteresis)
In 2 years of owning my tank, ive never hit over 8.2 ph so ill never trigger on a 0.3 hysteresis.... (sump less tank :( and only recently adding kalk)

I thought I could set an inverse logic on the PH increase (ie if not increase)........but, and this both suprised and dissapointed me, the inverse pulses.....I figure the ph increase in the logic is not a flat 0 or 1 for "do we increase" but rather an output from the operation mode :(

So I get stuck during the day with no top up running, and halides beaming down

Is there no way to say if ph = set val and water 1 without causing a pulse in current setup.......
There really really should be a trigger for "if ph ="

I do have another peri pump (variable) but its really really noisy, so id prefer to avoid it

Sorry for the long winded post, but im at my witts end with this

evilscoop
18.12.2009, 09:49
For completness, im posting the resolution.....

Ive used a virtual probe....made a copy of ph1
set values the same, cept two position controller

set non kalk top up to :-
water 1
and
ph-2 increase invert

soon as I set that to my freshwater pump, it sparked into life for 3 secs till the level sensor turned it off

It had spent the night just dripping kalk as the ph dropped a little but never triggered the water sensor....

Thank whatever deity (and mathius of course) you want for virtual probes.........