PDA

View Full Version : P4 email notifications

ZicoCata
20.06.2017, 22:00
I have been able to get the profilux to send me an message to my email account, but I can´t get the message to show me any probe values?

Vinny
20.06.2017, 23:51
Actual data and probe values will be made available once we have finalized "Token" support. It will be made available in an upcoming firmware update.

decena
21.06.2017, 09:02
I have been able to get the profilux to send me an message to my email account, but I can´t get the message to show me any probe values?

Could you tell us how did you get the Profilux to send you an email?, please.
I have a gmail account.

Thanks in advance!!

ZicoCata
21.06.2017, 11:00
Could you tell us how did you get the Profilux to send you an email?, please.
I have a gmail account.

Thanks in advance!!
I did use my outlook account but just go to your gmail outgoing mail settings and find out required info. Quick look to my gmail and it looks like settings for gmail are port:587 and domain mail server: smtp.gmail.com. Just fill up the other info (email adresses and passwords to your gmail) and you are set. Then just make a new message for examle to send you probe data and save (don´t forget to add recepient). Hit the test button and you should get on email in couple of minutes.

decena
21.06.2017, 13:45
I did use my outlook account but just go to your gmail outgoing mail settings and find out required info. Quick look to my gmail and it looks like settings for gmail are port:587 and domain mail server: smtp.gmail.com. Just fill up the other info (email adresses and passwords to your gmail) and you are set. Then just make a new message for examle to send you probe data and save (don´t forget to add recepient). Hit the test button and you should get on email in couple of minutes.

You're very kind. Thanks a lot. I did what you said, but I receive this email:

$$REPS[32][0]$$ $$SENN[x]$$ : $$SENV[x]$$
$$REPE$$

I should receive probes values. Whats the problem?

ZicoCata
21.06.2017, 14:32
You're very kind. Thanks a lot. I did what you said, but I receive this email:

$$REPS[32][0]$$ $$SENN[x]$$ : $$SENV[x]$$
$$REPE$$

I should receive probes values. Whats the problem?

You cannot get any values yet, as Vinny explained couple messages earlier. So you only get that "code" gibberish and they will make values available later.

JayHoe
28.06.2017, 13:33
There is no explanation of what needs to be set up to get this to work. The fields I have are:

ipserver - I selected domain mail server instead
domain mail server - I put smtp.gmail.com
my name - what is this used for?
my email address - That I am sending to?
user name - myaccount@gmail.com
password - my gmail password

Is this correct? There is no explanation!

I have 4 entries in the top section, and they all consist of just this strange 'ÿ' character. I replaced on with a message and put the recipient as my email address (why do I need this again!) and pressed test. I didn't get any email.

---

I just got this appear in my gmail account:
Hi John,
Google just blocked someone from signing into your Google account jayhoe@gmail.com from an app that may put your account at risk.

Less secure app
Wednesday, 28 June 2017 12:28 (GMT)
Don't recognise this activity?
If you didn't recently receive an error while trying to access a Google service, like Gmail, from a non-Google application, someone may have your password.

SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT

Are you the one who tried signing in?
Google will continue to block sign-in attempts from the app that you're using because it has known security problems or is out of date. You can continue to use this app by allowing access to less secure apps, but this may leave your account vulnerable.

---

Have I set up correctly? Do I have to put gmail at risk to use this?

Thanks

John

JayHoe
28.06.2017, 14:12
I just tried telling gmail to allow the less secure access. I still don't get any emails and no further warnings from gmail.

I get no errors or messages in GCC either.

MatthiasF
29.06.2017, 07:43
Hello JayHoe,

in your case it is likely, that you have to visit the unlock url, that has
to be visited after you "allow less secure apps".

We made a manual in the following thread, which you can follow:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?12462-Mail-provider-settings-setup-for-mail-sending-with-ProfiLux-4&p=76073#post76073

JayHoe
29.06.2017, 11:58
That sorted it thanks Matthias.

I have received a test alarm email and a test cyclical email. I'm looking forward to this being fully functional.

Bandit
07.07.2017, 05:41
Actual data and probe values will be made available once we have finalized "Token" support. It will be made available in an upcoming firmware update.

Any rough idea of when this will be guys?

JayHoe
08.07.2017, 19:03
I've had mine running a little while and I recieve updates twice a day so I am happy it's working. I have had a couple of alarm emails! But since the parameters aren't passed over yet it gave me a bit of a fright :-)

ReefClownMIA
09.07.2017, 17:56
Any rough idea of when this will be guys?
Hi Bandit,
GHL does not provide dates prior to release, to avoid disappointing expectations.
GHL is however working on it diligently. All of the updates go through extensive testings, this sometimes can take some time, however the time is taken to make sure the update is as stable as we all expect. :)

totorus
18.07.2017, 08:45
Is there a guide in the manual to set up emails and alarms?
Can anyone describe me how to do it?

MatthiasF
19.07.2017, 07:37
Is there a guide in the manual to set up emails and alarms?
Can anyone describe me how to do it?

You can choose a function from the list, which shall trigger a mail.
A mail will be sent, if you chose on alarm, or at times (interval, certain time).

The token support for the mail body is not yet supported by the ProfiLux 4 firmware.
When it is ready, we will show you how to set it up.

oscarmk
06.08.2017, 17:53
I just updated to the latest stable GCC, and firmware 7.06. I am assuming emails is only on the BETA GCC with 7.07?. I still don't see anything on the menu to set up email.

ReefClownMIA
06.08.2017, 18:08
Correct, v1.0.9.9 & fw 7.07 contain the email notifications.

TheTemplateBlog
01.03.2018, 16:17
Will GHL be enabling TLS authentication for sending mail? ( Profilux 4 )

MatthiasF
05.03.2018, 16:59
Hello,

sending mails by ProfiLux 4 is done by transmitting the mail encrypted to GHL-Mail-Server and forwarding it via TLS to the designated mail provider.
It is the same mechanism as used already on ProfiLux 3 and works flawlessly.

TheTemplateBlog
05.03.2018, 20:14
Hello,

sending mails by ProfiLux 4 is done by transmitting the mail encrypted to GHL-Mail-Server and forwarding it via TLS to the designated mail provider.
It is the same mechanism as used already on ProfiLux 3 and works flawlessly.

Thanks for that, I just got it working.