PDA

View Full Version : connection of 2 powerbars

Pomacanthus
15.12.2009, 23:05
Hi

I tried connecting my second powerbar this eveing but couldnt get it to work properly

I tried plugging into the s5-s8 plug and had no response, I then plugged into the spare socket of the first plubar and it just seemed to mirror the first plugbar

Can anyone help please

Profilux pII Ex is the system

dr.dotti
16.12.2009, 00:04
Did you read the manual?

Pomacanthus
16.12.2009, 10:11
Did you read the manual?

I looked through the manual and couldnt find anything to say about how to connect 2 powerbars

I would not ask the question if I could find it;)

dr.dotti
16.12.2009, 20:41
When you have 2 digital powerbars then you have to change the startnumber of one of them.

How to do this you can read in the manual.

When you change the startnumber you can connect one one.
After change you can connect them in serial

chippypah
16.12.2009, 21:33
Ok, plug one bar into S1-S4 and leave the other plug bar disconnected.

Open the GHL software on your PC and go into Extras > Socket Functions and click on the button at the bottom called - "Program digital powerbar or dosing pump unit"

Select 'Numbering of a digital powerbar' and follow the intructions, if it is a six socket use socket numbers 1-6.
When complete disconnect it.

Now plug the other plug bar into socket S1-S4 and do the same as above.(if a six socket)

Choose the sockets numbers that follow on from the first plug bar. (7-12 for six socket)
Make sure when you do this you only have the one plug bar plugged in at any one time.

Once complete and saved, then you can plug the two bars together (daisy chain) with one connected to the S1-S4 socket on the back of the GHL computer.
Cheers
Pete