PDA

View Full Version : Network of Profilux 4 and Profilux 2 Plus Ex ???

Lech-u
12.04.2017, 21:01
Is there any posibilities to connect two computers in one network: Profilux 4 (as a main board) and Profilux 2 Plus Ex (as a second).
If YES (I hope so) how to do it?
Which port I have to use in Profilux 4 and in Profilux 2 Plus Ex?

Gunther
13.04.2017, 08:49
Is there any posibilities to connect two computers in one network: Profilux 4 (as a main board) and Profilux 2 Plus Ex (as a second).

That depends on your network.
LAN/WLAN:Yes
RS485: Yes
RS232: No
USB: No
PAB: No due PLII has no PAB

If it would be any combination of PL3/4 also PAB would be possible (with different device numbers)

If YES (I hope so) how to do it?

Why should you? There is no benefit. It´s not possible to communication in between, there is no possibility for failover, it´s not possible to share devices like powerbars or sensor values and so on - there is nothing. So it makes no sense to think about

Additional info: The PLII isn´t supported by actual software (GHL control center) so it´s even not possible to use the same software to set the parameters.

kelvinsonny
17.02.2018, 05:25
I am a ProfiLux 3.1 T EX user, and want to upgrade to your new ProfiLux 4, but the pronlem is how to run the P3 and P4 togther in the same system? Is it possible to set the system to make the new P4 as the main, and the old P3 as the extension box, at least, I don't need to throw the P3 away.
Or it there any suggestion to combine the P4 and P3?

Thanks, and waiting for your reply.
Kelvin soong