PDA

View Full Version : Assistance Required with a parts list for multiple tanks/cages

CaptCrash
11.12.2009, 10:10
Hi,

I am in need of some assistance in terms of the correct parts, minimum components required to manage a series of 3 marine tanks and 2 snake cages.

Room One
The primary marine tank (this has the PII Plus Ex)

Room Two
Two marine tanks
Two snake cages
Both are in the same room and are physically close.

There is an RJ45 ethernet cable run between the two room and this is about 20m.

I would like to be able to perform the following

Manage the primary Marine tank

This currently has a Profilux Plus II Ex with
2 x Digital Powerbar's
2 x Level switches
2 x Tunze 6105 powerheads with L1, L2 and splitter cables
2 x Level sensors Level 1 and Level 3
1 x Temp Probe
1 x PH probe
1 x Redox probe
1 x Conductivity probe
1 x WLAN card (ethernet is also available at the location but not connected)

I have on order an upgrade to the Profilux III Ex for this system

For the second room
The two marine tanks are a quarantine and grow up tank

I would like to monitor
Temp, PH, Redox and Conductivity on each of these tanks seperatly.

The temp would then control the heater in each of these tanks seperatly.

I would like to be able to turn on/off the powerheads/pumps for feeding pauses.

What component list to I require to do this for the two tanks (or I am happy if the feading pause is common on these two tanks)?

For the two snake cages I would like to monitor the air temp and humidity in the cages.

Depending on these values turn on the pumps to cycle water and/or heat the cages.

Can you provide a component list that I would require to do this for the cages?

My ideal situation would be to use the controller to control and monitor the lot, then use software to be able to monitor everything from a PC.

aqua_digital
11.12.2009, 18:36
Hi

As you are updating to PIII this is quite simple

You require 1 x expansion box and add the additional cards, the expansion box comes with redox conductivity/salinity. pH, level and temp as standard. So you would just add further cards to add more features

You have 5 extra expansion ports and most modules can come with dual mode, i.e redox and cond/sal on one card.

Humidity and air temp is also available.

CaptCrash
12.12.2009, 05:24
Hi

As you are updating to PIII this is quite simple

You require 1 x expansion box and add the additional cards, the expansion box comes with redox conductivity/salinity. pH, level and temp as standard. So you would just add further cards to add more features

You have 5 extra expansion ports and most modules can come with dual mode, i.e redox and cond/sal on one card.

Humidity and air temp is also available.

Thanks for the response.

However what I am looking for is a parts list, of what GHL parts I need to order.

On top of this how do I trigger a feeding delay for the cages attached to the expandion box?

With the probes, how do I determine which ports are required (eg air temp and humidity? what port does this plug into?).

regards

Darren

aqua_digital
12.12.2009, 15:36
Hi,

If you would like to email me at sales@aqua-digital.com I can go through with you what GHL parts are required.

A feed pause depends on how you are setting things up. i.e pump on timer or just programmed always on. If on timer this is simple just click the check box for feed pause then program your pause time. However if you are running a pump in always on mode you would need to use programmable logic (thanks Chris for this info).

Each control port is labelled what it does so this is simply how your determine what each port does, in regards to Humidity you would require PLM-Humid/temp expansion card which can sit inside either the main controller or the expansion box.

Email me the exact requirements for each set up and I will send you by return a kit list for ordering.