PDA

View Full Version : Level Sensor / ATO Issues

mraporter
26.03.2017, 11:21
Hi all,

Is anyone having intermittent problems with the functionality of their ATO processes?

I have noticed two different things at different times:

1. The time-out function did not operate correctly (despite being set up correctly with a max on time of 15s), and thus my ATO pump ran dry and never shut off. Strangely this has happened twice, but sometime it works as expected.

2. After filling up my ATO RO chamber last night, today more than 25% has been pumped into my sump my RO chamber normally lasts 8 days.

The reaction time is 5 seconds and normally only covers the tip of the level sensor but as you can see from the picture it is completely immersed in water.

The optical sensor is perhaps only 6-8 months old, so I would be very surprised if that was the problem.

Thanks
Andy

Jerel1
26.03.2017, 16:34
It appears that you have the sensor mounted vertically. The appropriate position of the sensor should be horizontally mounted to operate reliably.

mraporter
26.03.2017, 17:31
It appears that you have the sensor mounted vertically. The appropriate position of the sensor should be horizontally mounted to operate reliably.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback :) I've always had the probes mounted this way, and have never had a problem previously

I will change it, but I don't think that explains my problems

Regards
Andy

Vinny
27.03.2017, 14:14
Hi Andy,

As Jerel1 mentioned, the optical probe is best placed in a horizontal position. If a drop of water stays at the tip of the sensor, the function would remain inactive because the sensor thinks the water is still at the desired level.