PDA

View Full Version : firmware installation

Alvizon
01.03.2017, 17:22
Hi all..my p4 say "new" firmware available on his general page of GCC.

i go to system to start firmware update but click on button but never happen..

if i try to update touch or vortech controller update start correctly.

any ideas?

Bstohrer
01.03.2017, 21:40
Hi all..my p4 say "new" firmware available on his general page of GCC.

i go to system to start firmware update but click on button but never happen..

if i try to update touch or vortech controller update start correctly.

any ideas?

I think the System page is for updating firmware of attached devices and not the P4. Go to "Extras" at the top of the page and click. To the left on the toolbar you will see "Firmware Update". Be sure tour PC is connected to the P4 via USB, then click on it.

That worked for me.

Bob

Vinny
01.03.2017, 22:33
Steps for updating the ProfiLux 4 firmware can be seen here:
https://youtu.be/Fj0SH93QoKc

Alvizon
01.03.2017, 23:25
Steps for updating the ProfiLux 4 firmware can be seen here:
https://youtu.be/Fj0SH93QoKc

I have a BIG TROUBLE i do update following your istrucction but profilux is blocked wuth only ghl logo lit and cannot connect!!! Please what i can do for use it!!

thatanos
06.03.2017, 20:27
I have a BIG TROUBLE i do update following your istrucction but profilux is blocked wuth only ghl logo lit and cannot connect!!! Please what i can do for use it!!

I have the same problem, how do you solve it?

JayHoe
06.03.2017, 23:38
It certainly CAN work. I was a bit worried as the previous version was unable to save settings. Thankfully mine upgraded OK. I then instantly with the new version saved my settings.

All good so far. Sorry for your pain.

Matthias
07.03.2017, 07:43
Hi

here are the emergency update instructions:

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/profilux-4-emergency-update-instructions/

Alvizon
07.03.2017, 08:58
work to me so good in 5 minutes i had my p4 back.

thatanos
07.03.2017, 12:31
mine too also after 2 attemps :)

EgaReef
17.03.2017, 18:38
Hi,

I'm trying to update the firmware of Profilux 4, everything is fine until this window comes out.

What should I do?

In the video the window is removed immediately.

Thanks

EgaReef
17.03.2017, 20:24
How long does it take to upgrade?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

john nakos
18.03.2017, 00:55
Hi,

I'm trying to update the firmware of Profilux 4, everything is fine until this window comes out.

What should I do?

Thanks

I have the same problem....

palmlover
18.03.2017, 03:05
Dear Ega

I have similar experience. I cannot find any keys can be prrssed/reseted at P4. Turn off /turn on the power also not works. Finally I just ignore this windows (press ok without doing anything else).

Just a remindar that you need to remove 7.03 or elder firmwware in your directory. Otherwise, though the message shows that the upgrade is success, the firmwar3 is still 7.03.

EgaReef
18.03.2017, 08:51
Later I tried with another laptop, when I pressed accept the laptop disconnected the usb and seemed to work, but it was worse, profilux 4 did not start.

Finally, I had to do it for emergency with the Flash program.

Now I have the latest firmware installed, 7.04

Regards

Matthias
18.03.2017, 09:42
Hi,

What should I do?

Thanks

This message box should be closed automatically from GCC (as in the video). When this does not happen then just click "OK" (left button), do nothing else.
Update will continue then.

Matthias
18.03.2017, 09:44
Later I tried with another laptop, when I pressed accept the laptop disconnected the usb and seemed to work, but it was worse, profilux 4 did not start.

when the update was finished you have to reboot the ProfiLux to start again

if it does not start then the update before was not successful, maybe the update driver was not found / COM not adjusted correctly

see the videos, all explained in detail there

palmlover
18.03.2017, 12:50
Dear Matthias

I do not mean to be offensive but my experience on the firmware upgrade is somehow different from the videos and I have met some strange situation that I do not know why. Though finally I luckily upgrade the firmware (from 7.03-->7.04, and then 7.04-->7.05), I provide my case for your information for improvement.

1. During the upgrade process (I confirm my Com port is correct and update driver has been chosen), there is a pop up message (after selection of update driver)that instructing me to reset the microcomputer (something else) at the motherboard (something else) but I never find the key to press at P4. (Sorry that this pop up window did not automatic close according to my experience and I need to close it either by yes or no by myself. If I press yes, this will continue and press no the upgrade process will stop)

2. No matter what I do with response to this message (eg : turn off and turn the machine, unplug and replug the usb... and etc), and then I press ok at the pop up box, the upgrade process will continue. After a while, the pop up windows telling me that the upgrade is success and tell me to restart the P4. However, after the restart (turn off and turn on the machine), the firmware is still 7.03. (I have tried many times and the firmware never upgraded.)

3. At last, being told by another user in this forum, I try to delete the 7.03 update driver in the setup directory(i.e. : only the 7.04 file when I upgrade it and only the 7.05 file while I upgrade that), then restart the upgrade process.

4. The pop up window instructs me to reset the microcomputer (or microprocessor or something else) is still appeared after selection of the update file. After a several trials, I finally find that I should just ignore this message (i.e. : doing nothing) but press ok at the pop up windows. Then the upgrade process is really success this time.

These are my experience, I hope that this can help other as well as to provide information to you to make the upgrading step more clear.
By the way, my windows OS is windows 7. (for your reference and information)

EgaReef
02.04.2017, 16:19
Hi,

Today I have updated the profilux again (V705). I have again had the same problem and in the end I had to use the rescue mode.

I followed all the steps of the video, but as always I had to press accept to continue. The window with the message does not disappear as in the video.

When doing it in rescue mode, quieter than the other time, I deduced that when pressing the blue button the profilux disconnects from the USB connection and it does through the USBVCOM port (in my case the 5). I think that's what not to do through the GCC.

Why?

Thanks