PDA

View Full Version : Leak Detection

Dumaurier7
28.02.2017, 01:12
Hi all, I'm having an issue getting the leak detection to work , after connecting and enabling leak detector in level it immediately goes into alarming and does not reset. I verified functionality of the port with a level sensor and it worked without issue , any advice would be appreciated .

Dumaurier7
17.03.2017, 17:40
Hi all, I'm having an issue getting the leak detection to work , after connecting and enabling leak detector in level it immediately goes into alarming and does not reset. I verified functionality of the port with a level sensor and it worked without issue , any advice would be appreciated .

I would really appreciate if someone (GHL) can respond to the above, thanks.

Vinny
21.03.2017, 19:53
Do you have the Reset error automatically box checked? This option is found in the corresponding control circuit in the Level settings page.

That will disable the alarm when the sensor no longer detects saltwater.

Dumaurier7
21.03.2017, 22:27
Hello Vinny! Yes the box is checked , doesn't make any difference as it goes into alarm immediately without even seeing any water!

Vinny
22.03.2017, 02:58
To which L port do you have this connected to?
Please post a few screenshots of your Level settings page and Socket and outlets page if you have this function assigned to a socket.

Dumaurier7
22.03.2017, 14:01
I have it connected to Level port #4 , I have 3 Flow sensors connected to Level ports #1-3 .

Vinny
22.03.2017, 19:00
You should have it setup like this:

- Select a control circuit
- Set operation mode to Leakage detection
- Select Reset error automatically, if desired
- Set used sensor to 4
- Save settings

Dumaurier7
23.03.2017, 01:52
Night, I am pretty familiar with the set up procedure now , I'm even using the programming logic! I have it all set up as you instruct and I'm getting the same response but I'll double check just to be safe.

Dumaurier7
29.03.2017, 22:43
Hello, I have done some more checks and found that it doesn't matter what level input is used for Leak Detection! Once any of them are selected the unit immediately goes into alarm weather or not the LD module/ sensors are connected!

Matthias
02.04.2017, 10:45
yes, and this is the correct behaviour

no sensor connected is equal to sensor present with water detected

-> connect sensor and you will see no alarm unless water is detected

Dumaurier7
02.04.2017, 16:54
With the sensor connected it does the same thing , could it be a bad module?

Matthias
05.04.2017, 13:38
I don't know what you mean exactly with "same thing".

The question is: is the shown level sensor state responding?
Means: watch the state in GCC and "simulate" water contact, e.g. touch the needles

does the shown state change accordingly?

Dumaurier7
05.04.2017, 16:10
Hi, the statement " it does the same thing" in this case means when I connect the sensor and switch the level input to LeakDetection the P4 immediately begins to alarm (does the same thing as when there is no sensor is connected) . I have not been able to test the actual sensor functionality as I have not yet gotten to the point where the actual Leak Detecting Sensing Sustem isn't in the alarm state.

Matthias
06.04.2017, 09:49
so you connect the leak sensor and then you enable the leak function and the alarm goes on?

maybe better post some screen shots of the settings

Dumaurier7
18.05.2017, 03:03
I will get around to this very soon!

Going Deep
18.08.2018, 11:44
Was this problem resolved? I installed the leakage interface and the leakage sensor yesterday following the P4 resource guide instructions. I have the red led light lit on the interface indicating that it is connected to the P4. It is connected to the "green" level port and level sensor at 3. The leakage sensor is connected and no light. When I set it to "leakage detection", I immediately get the alarm and the switch channels set to fill water (return pump and skimmer) turn off. I manually reset and the alarm immediately activates. I have tried all control units and even played with the sensor # and still get the same alarm. This happens only on the "leakage detection" setting. Similarly, when I disconnect the leakage interface from the P4, the alarm remains and does not reset. The alarm goes away if I deselect "leakage detection". Any advice would be appreciated.

Dumaurier7
18.08.2018, 15:59
Was this problem resolved? I installed the leakage interface and the leakage sensor yesterday following the P4 resource guide instructions. I have the red led light lit on the interface indicating that it is connected to the P4. It is connected to the "green" level port and level sensor at 3. The leakage sensor is connected and no light. When I set it to "leakage detection", I immediately get the alarm and the switch channels set to fill water (return pump and skimmer) turn off. I manually reset and the alarm immediately activates. I have tried all control units and even played with the sensor # and still get the same alarm. This happens only on the "leakage detection" setting. Similarly, when I disconnect the leakage interface from the P4, the alarm remains and does not reset. The alarm goes away if I deselect "leakage detection". Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, I have not since tried to get this working , I’ll give it a try this coming week.

hani
02.03.2021, 18:29
I know this old thread, dumaurire have you sort it out? I have the same issue