PDA

View Full Version : Dosing pump a logic programmable logic

knibal
27.02.2017, 22:15
Hi. I have a profilux 3 ex and a dosing pump slave 1. all in the latest version. I would like the dosing pump to deliver the solution throughout the day except if it exceeds a value of conductivity that should not be paid.
For this I select dosing schedule below and automatically dosing times.
Then create a logic program (g10) as follows: input 1 dosing pump 1, input 2 conduct 1 increase and function And.
In the switch channels s25 I select progrmmable logic 10.
I understand that I should stop when I do not have to increase the conductivity but it is not so and continues to pay without stopping. what am I doing wrong? is this correct? Thank you

Bstohrer
28.02.2017, 15:33
Hi. I have a profilux 3 ex and a dosing pump slave 1. all in the latest version. I would like the dosing pump to deliver the solution throughout the day except if it exceeds a value of conductivity that should not be paid.
For this I select dosing schedule below and automatically dosing times.
Then create a logic program (g10) as follows: input 1 dosing pump 1, input 2 conduct 1 increase and function And.
In the switch channels s25 I select progrmmable logic 10.
I understand that I should stop when I do not have to increase the conductivity but it is not so and continues to pay without stopping. what am I doing wrong? is this correct? Thank you

Is your slave doser connected to the P3 with a PAB? If so, why do you need to program a socket?

I have a similar issue. I run an ATO pump to dose with kalk only at night (keep pH higher). However, in case the ATO sticks "on" and raises the pH to 10 and kills everything, I want to diable ATO above pH 8.2. I did this:

Timer 1: on - 9:00 PM to 9:00 AM.

pH-value 1 set to 8.2

Progrmmable logic 1: (pH-value 1 increasing) and (Timer 1)

I tested by submersing the pH probe into pH 4 and then pH 9 solutions. It seemed to work lat night. It reduced the pH drop from 0.3 to 01.

I suggest testing your probe with fresh water and concentrated saltwater to be sure your logic works. On my 1st try, I got it all backwards! Glad I tested!

I've only had a P4 for a week, so I hope I'm trying help and learn at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Bstohrer
28.02.2017, 15:35
This progamming example really helped me understand the logic: http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?10578-need-help-programming

Bob

knibal
28.02.2017, 16:42
Hello Bob. thanks for your help.
The dosing pump is not connected by pab is model one. Pumps are assigned to the sockes 25 onwards. The logical programming I see it correct as I have it programmed.
1. dosing pump 1
2.AND
3. conductivity increase

I want the pump to be dosed as long as the special timer indicates it, but do not do so if a conductivity value has been exceeded. But never stop paying. Just obey your timer. I think the dosing machines are a special timer or it is a bug of the profilux.

Bstohrer
28.02.2017, 20:03
Hello Bob. thanks for your help.
The dosing pump is not connected by pab is model one. Pumps are assigned to the sockes 25 onwards. The logical programming I see it correct as I have it programmed.
1. dosing pump 1
2.AND
3. conductivity increase

I want the pump to be dosed as long as the special timer indicates it, but do not do so if a conductivity value has been exceeded. But never stop paying. Just obey your timer. I think the dosing machines are a special timer or it is a bug of the profilux.

I didn't' realize the doser 1 was non-PAB.

Your programming look correct.

You may be right - a bug. I hope Matthias jumps in and helps you out.

Good luck, Bob

knibal
28.02.2017, 20:20
Thank you very much for your help bob. To see if someone from ghl can help me.

knibal
02.03.2017, 22:24
Can someone please help me?

knibal
04.03.2017, 16:40
Hi. I have found the problem. This is a profilux error. The logical programming works perfectly and does not dosify the liquid but the profilux continues discounting the milliliters at the time that marks the timer to him. If you dose manually through the program or the web page also discounts the ml even though it is not really dosing because the logic operator is not fulfilled. This makes the volume of liquid is not correct and profilux do not calculate well the amount of liquid in the container producing false alarms because profilux thinks that the liquid is ending when it is not. The quantity of liquid data being totally false. I would like someone from ghl to pick up this bug and be repaired in future versions. Thank you

knibal
12.03.2017, 13:05
Hi. Someone from profilux has received this bug? Thank you

Bbgobie
02.05.2017, 03:26
Hope I don't confuse the thread, if you want it to stop dosing if the conductivity is above a value, wouldn't you select decrease?
Adding water decreases your conductivity?

I'm doing something similar, except I'm also controlling Kalk dosing. I did a Program logic gate of dosing pump AND ph Increasing
and than another logic gate of the above and Conductivity Decreasing and assigned this second gate to my pump switch.

It's a bit late now, I'll try and test it out tomorrow.

knibal
02.05.2017, 12:24
Hi. thanks for your reply. The logic gates work properly. The problem is that when the logic gate does not allow to pay and the subscriber time arrives the metering pump does not pay as it should, but discounts the milliliters of the container so the amount of milliliters in the container does not correspond with reality.