PDA

View Full Version : Manual or guide for setting up Webserver

dawsokj1988
26.02.2017, 04:42
I'm looking for a manual or a guide on how to setup the webserver. There was no instruction manual included in the box, and the downloadable manual does not include any instructions on how to set this up. I've also checked the profilux 4 programming manual.

Thanks.

MatthiasF
27.02.2017, 08:16
Hello,

for setting up the WiFi-module parameters, you can follow this forum posting:

Configuring the WiFi module:
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?11975-Configuring-the-WiFi-module

The webserver is not fully activated and does not allow
viewing or controlling ProfiLux 4 settings at this time.

dawsokj1988
27.02.2017, 17:23
I understand that the webserver currently have very limited capabilities, though I would still like to set it up for the future update. Or are you saying that currently there is no webserver? Also, is there an ETA on when the webserver will be operational and fully functional?

MatthiasF
28.02.2017, 07:36
Hello,

of course, there will be a webserver, which replaces the current webserver known from ProfiLux 3 in the future.

Aqua-Passion
09.04.2017, 12:17
Hello ,
There is another way than "myghl" to access the webserver of the profiler 4?
I try to access the controller with the local IP address
It asks me the identifiers, I tried "Guest" and empty password
But it does not show anything
The web server does not work at all or we can already access the state of the controller?
Thank you in advance for your answers
Best regards, Stephane

Matthias
09.04.2017, 12:21
no, the web server is at the moment still only useful for chaning the WiFi settings

we are working still on the web interface and the App

I know that you (and mayn others) are very anxious to see them, we work hard on it, I think we come up with something really great very soon

Aqua-Passion
09.04.2017, 12:39
no, the web server is at the moment still only useful for chaning the WiFi settings

we are working still on the web interface and the App

I know that you (and mayn others) are very anxious to see them, we work hard on it, I think we come up with something really great very soon

Thanks , I'll wait
As I said in another post I am looking for another way (mobile) to calibrate the probes in particular
The controller is in a different room of probes is it is quite complicated to run between the two
A calibration option in GCC is provided in future updates ?
I do not have the option in GCC, I could have done it with a laptop
Or the option in an android application would be perfect

Thank you for your answers
Best regards, Stephane

Matthias
09.04.2017, 13:26
Hi Stephane,

yes, and the calibration via GCC is actually already prepared (in firmware and GCC)

we will see this in one of the next updates

Aqua-Passion
09.04.2017, 13:49
Thanks a lot for your answers
It's perfect I'll wait no problems
It came out not long ago and I understand
In any case for the moment, congratulations for this controller, it is very well
I had a competitor model before but nothing to do with this one!
Good work !
I do not regret my purchase
Thank you !

Best regards, Stephane

Lincsreefer
25.05.2017, 11:39
To access the webserver try using admin as the username and Starfish as password. From here you can upgrade the wifi module to the latest firmware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-cH-xJmiwU

solpie
07.01.2018, 09:37
Hello gents,

Any news about the webserver for P4 ?
I see the same limitations as above, event with the very last firmware (7,08 + 6512 for the Wifi module firmware).
Indeed, I am a MAC user and accessing the P4trough light webserver would be far more easy than the usual technique with Paralllels+GCC (though it works perfectly indeed!)

Thanks.

Pierre

Matthias
07.01.2018, 17:10
the P4 webserver will come, but at the moment there a things with higher priorities
why don't you use myGHL cloud service?

solpie
07.01.2018, 18:55
Hello Matthias and thanks for your answer.
Indeed the myGHL works but is very slow .... I've seen the webserver in use on a P3 by a friend and it seems far more efficient.

If I may, I'd have another question : I've made a Dynamic DNS setup for the P4. It works and is accessible from GCC (using my domain name+port 10001), but I cannot manage to connect from the "GHL connect" app on my iPhone, even after having set the proper domain name (and I cannot setup the port number on the app) ... Any clue of what is missing ?

Thanks

Matthias
07.01.2018, 18:57
the port P4 uses for the app is 80 (10001 for GCC)

solpie
07.01.2018, 19:02
Great !! It works now !! Many thanks for your quick answer.

Pierre