PDA

View Full Version : temp probe bug

thatanos
21.02.2017, 17:21
Hi, yesterday I notices that my temp was at 24,7º for some hours instead my both heaters were ON, so I checked the temp with a thermostate and I discover that the water was at 27,7º in despite that the touch and P4 were working and I can connect to the P4 at GCC.

Finally I have to swicht it off and on in order to have a correct read of the temp probe and to check that the P4 have switch off the heaters.

As you could imagine this one bug is so dangerous for coral and fish.

thank you in advance.

GHL Support
22.02.2017, 11:43
Hello,

thank you for this information.

Our developer will check this and get back with you.

ReefClownMIA
22.02.2017, 14:00
Hello,

Could you please post a screenshot of your Temperature sensor screens showing configuration, and of your outlet.

thatanos
23.02.2017, 12:29
ok, but those images are from today not from the day of the problem as I was more concern about to solve it than to make photos of it. (configuration it´s the same one)

Matthias
07.03.2017, 08:23
Hi

we were not able to reproduce this issue, we believe that this could be caused by some electromagnetic noise. Are there some strong electric devices nearby the probe or the cable like MH or pumps?

I reworked the temperature reading part and made it more resistant against interferences.

Would you like to update to the attached preliminary firmware version 7.05 and tell me if your problem is solved with that?

Save this file somewhere you can find it.
You can use the update mechanism in GCC, but when the firmware file is selected then browse to this previously saved file.

thatanos
07.03.2017, 12:31
thank you, I ll update latter as I just finish to recover my P4 from a bricked one after a failed updated yesterday to firm 7.04. After the plug in off and on again I haven´t have the same issue again.

Matthias
07.03.2017, 13:16
during the update the update wizard tells you that you have to power-cycle the ProfiLux if the update does not start (e.g. wrong or not correct COM port or update driver not installed) in order to get it running again ... so it was not "bricked" then

JamesD
09.03.2017, 23:18
did you resolve this? I had the same issue with the probe my P4 came with. I swapped it for another temperature probe and it worked ok i.e. read similar to there thermometers in the sump.

thatanos
10.03.2017, 16:58
did you resolve this? I had the same issue with the probe my P4 came with. I swapped it for another temperature probe and it worked ok i.e. read similar to there thermometers in the sump.

Once I had this problem I restart the P4 and everything works fine again, also I updated yo the 7.04 and never have had this issue again (I also set the heaters temp control to swtich it off automatically by itself at 26, than previously it was at the top, about 29º)

faltaren
21.06.2017, 13:28
I have this problem now on my expansionbox 2 . After the 7,07 update. The probe reads 25,5 but my oldschool tempmeter reads 29,9. I allso put the tempprobe from my p4, it allso read 29,9. Ive restarted everyting. Dosent matter. Still read wrong.

faltaren
22.06.2017, 12:44
Fixed it by removing the expansionbox from pab and readd

Skickat från min G8141 via Tapatalk