PDA

View Full Version : ProfiLux 4 Release

Matthias
13.02.2017, 16:32
We have set up a special forum for the introduction of the ProfiLux 4.

After nearly 8 years of ProfiLux 3, the introduction of the ProfiLux 4 represents a huge step for us, the complete hardware and most of the software has been completely redesigned.
With several hundred functions and thousands of settings, it is not possible or useful to provide all the features known from the ProfiLux 3 right from the start, we will do this step by step.
We rely on the help and constructive feedback of our users, so we have created this subforum.

We would like to ask the ProfiLux 4 users to post all ProfiLux 4 specific topics here, e.g.:

- Questions about new or (still) missing features
- Feature Requests
- Bug reports
... Others

Currently known limitations:
- Webinterface only for WLAN settings - Webinterface will be continuously expanded
- Webinterface still without password protection - coming soon
- Email shipping - coming soon
- Save / load settings in GCC - coming soon
- Measuring range switching of the onboard sensors via GCC - coming soon, can already be made using the keyboard of the P4
- myGHL initially for security reasons only read access - write access is activated as soon as we have observed that everything is running safely, see also post for this in the myGHL subforum
- App for ProfiLux 4 - all "old apps" will be discontinued, soon a brand new universal app for all GHL devices will be launched

Please post only new and not listed topics here.

Mortie31
14.02.2017, 23:14
How do I set up wifi, I cannot find it in the instruction manual or programming manual?

faltaren
15.02.2017, 21:44
I cant find.

Timeserver for the clock. No LAN setting?
Were is the settings for the poweroutage function? Not yet implemented?

MatthiasF
16.02.2017, 08:36
How do I set up wifi, I cannot find it in the instruction manual or programming manual?

For the WiFi configuration follow this thread:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?11975-Configuring-the-WiFi-module

Mortie31
16.02.2017, 21:26
For the WiFi configuration follow this thread:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?11975-Configuring-the-WiFi-module
Thank you, all sorted now

Lasse
17.02.2017, 11:28
Will remote Control be able for P4 through GCC?

Sincerely Lasse

Vinny
17.02.2017, 17:24
Yes, it will be available with future firmware releases.

d2mini
18.02.2017, 22:51
Vortech Module not working.
Every time I go into Vortech Overview, and then try to open Vortech Pump 1, I get a communication error 50.

EDIT: Nevermind... got it to work. I think the pump wasn't assigned correctly.

m1tkodikov
19.02.2017, 22:31
PLM-ADIN not recognized. http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?12005-plm-adin-not-recognized
PLM-PWC reverses the illumination run. http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?12006-PLM-PWC-reverses-the-illumination-run

clumeng
20.02.2017, 04:01
A few bugs I'm noticing with GCC 1.0.9.4 (windows 10)

1. Under administrator I can remove devices I don't have to try to clean it up. However these changes are not saved and there is no dialog box to save changes. When I restart all the options are still there and the opening start window returns. In addition, if I "clean up" the icons in the bottom, these changes are not saved upon the restart.
2. I'm getting consistent crashes when I navigate to the "Backup and Restore" menu. It tries to open it and then the program crashes pretty much every time.
3. Having problems with the Measurement Data. I clicked "read and save" and it logged data and displayed it. When I went back to it, I pointed it to the same .txt file that was used before to save to, chose "append" and got an error that it was in an incompatible format. Therefore I am only able to graph the new data - it will not graph the old data. After a "read and save" I'm not able to point the data viewer at the old file.

MatthiasF
20.02.2017, 12:40
These bugs will be fixed in next release of GHL Control Center.

Thank you.

JayHoe
20.02.2017, 20:34
I have the PLM/PWC and it seems to talk to my 4 mitras... but the card does not appear in GCC.

I have the ProfiTouch and it seems to work but it doesn't appear in the GCC menus so I cant configure colours etc.

Thanks

MatthiasF
21.02.2017, 11:16
Thanks for reporting this JayHoe,
this will be fixed soon.

daelie
22.02.2017, 04:56
Under the temperature probe settings, the "Adjust Temperature" does nothing. I open it, try to raise/adjust the temperature 0.7 degrees, hit ok, but nothing happens, though the circle spins as if it did something. Save changes remains grayed out and the temperature remains the same. Using GCC 1.092.

I used 5 NIST Traceable thermometers to get my reading to be sure it was off.

MatthiasF
22.02.2017, 07:34
Under the temperature probe settings, the "Adjust Temperature" does nothing. I open it, try to raise/adjust the temperature 0.7 degrees, hit ok, but nothing happens, though the circle spins as if it did something. Save changes remains grayed out and the temperature remains the same. Using GCC 1.092.

I used 5 NIST Traceable thermometers to get my reading to be sure it was off.

Hello daelie,

this is known already and to be included in the next release.
As far as I know, it should not even be there.

JayHoe
23.02.2017, 12:40
Maintenance defaults to 120 mins (a bit dangerous? Safer as 1 perhaps?) however if you amend the time of the pause it doesn't save it and it remains as 120mins.

MatthiasF
23.02.2017, 13:56
Maintenance defaults to 120 mins (a bit dangerous? Safer as 1 perhaps?) however if you amend the time of the pause it doesn't save it and it remains as 120mins.

Acknowledged and will be fixed in the next firmware release.

Mortie31
23.02.2017, 21:12
I hope someone can help I've bought an avast Davy Jones skimmer locker with a level sensor and have no idea how to set it up turn turn my skimmer off when the locker is full

dawsokj1988
27.02.2017, 04:44
When I turn my Profilux on, it gets endlessly stuck in a "start 1-4" page on the display screen. I can click settings, and it asks me about turning feed mode on? I can't get out of this "start 1-4" page. Please explain how to alleviate this.

Matthias
04.03.2017, 10:05
When I turn my Profilux on, it gets endlessly stuck in a "start 1-4" page on the display screen. I can click settings, and it asks me about turning feed mode on? I can't get out of this "start 1-4" page. Please explain how to alleviate this.

has been fixed with coming update (this evening)

Matthias
04.03.2017, 10:08
I have the PLM/PWC and it seems to talk to my 4 mitras... but the card does not appear in GCC.

I have the ProfiTouch and it seems to work but it doesn't appear in the GCC menus so I cant configure colours etc.

Thanks

I can't confirm this one, works here

maybe try the next update coming this evening (GCC + firmware), assign Touch in PAB (again) and report

Matthias
04.03.2017, 14:04
1. the connection settings are saved automatically when GCC is closed, they are not save explicitely. Can't find a problem here, my settings are always saved.

2. in Backup and Restore only the sensor data are supported so far, works fine. Please tell me exactly where and when what crashes. Screenshots might help

3. I can save and append measurement data. Maybe you changed the sensors by adding/reomving cards or changing the measurment ranges? Then the data is not compatible and can't be appended.
If not, please give me more details.

clumeng
04.03.2017, 15:06
1. the connection settings are saved automatically when GCC is closed, they are not save explicitely. Can't find a problem here, my settings are always saved.

2. in Backup and Restore only the sensor data are supported so far, works fine. Please tell me exactly where and when what crashes. Screenshots might help

3. I can save and append measurement data. Maybe you changed the sensors by adding/reomving cards or changing the measurment ranges? Then the data is not compatible and can't be appended.
If not, please give me more details.

I think these are related to my list in post #10. Largely these seem to be resolved now. I might have had issues with 0.2 version and 0.4 versions together. Problem 3 was mixing some data in that had the units.

Thanks as always for the support - can't wait to get the next GCC versions. Really need the email alert system so that I can feel fully at peace.

JayHoe
04.03.2017, 17:40
I can't confirm this one, works here

maybe try the next update coming this evening (GCC + firmware), assign Touch in PAB (again) and report

My bad Matthias. The touch was working...but I hadn't assigned it as a PAB device. I have now and the touch not appears in the GCC menu. Thanks!

Bandit
06.04.2017, 03:58
Hi there,

How long approximately until we can send emails from the P4?

Matthias
06.04.2017, 09:47
I am working on this right now. I hope next Monday/Tuesday.

decena
22.04.2017, 17:10
Is it possible to send email alerts from P4? This is my first PROFILUX and this is difficult for me. Thanks.

Vinny
22.04.2017, 18:10
Is it possible to send email alerts from P4? This is my first PROFILUX and this is difficult for me. Thanks.

This feature will be available in an upcoming firmware release.

decena
22.04.2017, 18:46
This feature will be available in an upcoming firmware release.

Ok. Thanks a lot

Matthias
23.04.2017, 08:28
yeah, email was supposed to be added in firmware 7.06 which came yesterday, but we didn't make it

actually it is already implemented in the firmware (thats why the mhx file is significant larger than the 7.05) but we had trouble with the WiFi module and some email providers

once this is solved email will be activated