PDA

View Full Version : Salinity and ph reading a problem

king
29.10.2016, 14:40
I have p3 and expansion box

Both are reading salinity 100ms !

I just purchased a new conductivity salinity probe and installed this today
done calibration and it's now giving me a reading of 96ms !!!! Refractoneter gives a reading of 36 which is about 53ms - my p3 is connected to my ghl in case any one from ghl wants to access my profile to see the prob

With the ph again after claiberation and installing a new probe it's reading 10.5 as it was before

Salinity prob was not cheap to buy and want to know if it's defective

Thanks

king
30.10.2016, 22:01
anyone any help pls, i did reset gal controller with the same problem

Vinny
31.10.2016, 13:23
What reading do you get from each probe when it sits in the calibration fluid? Wait at least 10 minutes before taking a measurement.

Please post screenshots of your pH and Conductivity settings page.

king
31.10.2016, 14:21
OK i will do this tonight when i get home

will post results

regards
zah

king
31.10.2016, 21:29
screenshot from myghl
salinity - 2pics

ph screenshot

king
31.10.2016, 21:31
please check the screenshot still no progress i did leave the probe as suggested for 10 minutes and still reading 100 !

king
01.11.2016, 13:12
any help from anyone ?

Vinny
01.11.2016, 13:46
We're talking about two probes here: pH and Conductivity.

Are these connected to the P3 unit or the expansion box?

Please disconnect these probes and connect it to the other device and see if you then get a change in reading. Please also provide me with a screenshot of your probe/sensor menu, I need to see the Sensor Index numbering.

king
01.11.2016, 14:00
yes to probe

the two probes i am referring to are connected to the p3

i tried to disconnect the salinity probe and hook it into expansion box one and i got a different reading down from 100ms to 1.2ms

ph reading in the expansion box was different was 3.5 i also tried to calibrate both probs on the expansion box and still gave me 1,2 for salinity and 3.5 for ph

can the screenshot be taken from myghl ? or do i have to take it from ghl centre software ?

king
01.11.2016, 14:09

king
02.11.2016, 13:14
any help please ?

Matthias
02.11.2016, 17:14
Hi

the calibration values are wrong. For both probes the ADC1 and ADC2 value is the same, but they must differ, at least a few hundred.

A very low ADC value for cond. (here: 18) shows that the probe was not immersed in the fluid, was connected to the wrong BNC or is just broken.
But since you have problems with 2 probes I doubt that both are broken, not very likely.

So check:
- probes plugged in the correct BNC-ports?
- do calibration again, check what the calibration value (ADC) is doing during the calbration, this value must change significantly from calibration point to calibration point
- after successful calibration save these values

king
02.11.2016, 17:28
Ok I will one of the prob ( the salinity ) is a brand new bought it directly from ghl am doing was delivered last week

I will re calibrate tonight and let you know

Many thanks

Zahy

QUOTE=Matthias;71558]Hi

the calibration values are wrong. For both probes the ADC1 and ADC2 value is the same, but they must differ, at least a few hundred.

A very low ADC value for cond. (here: 18) shows that the probe was not immersed in the fluid, was connected to the wrong BNC or is just broken.
But since you have problems with 2 probes I doubt that both are broken, not very likely.

So check:
- do calibration again, check what the calibration value (ADC) is doing during the calbration, this value must change significantly from calibration point to calibration point
- after successful calibration save these values[/QUOTE]

king
05.11.2016, 16:34
Mathias

the PH prob is now working i am still having problem with the new salinity probe

i did notice ADC while doing calibration in the main controller - reading while holding it in the air its 18 while submersing its 20

i then tried to do calibration for the same salinity probe from the expansion box BNC SDC was while holding it in the air 24 and in fluid was 36 going up to 38

i did try to downgrade firmeware down to 6.14 but made no difference

previous screenshot showed my index for my probes it seems to read fine ( i don't have index 7 and 8)

my system has the following PAB connections

3 x PAB switch sockets

1x expansion box
1x touch controller

what do you advise me to do, can i send you a downloaded file for setting and sensors

thanks
zahy

Hi

So check:
- after successful calibration save these values

Matthias
11.11.2016, 13:06
do you have the correct calibration fluid? seawater 50mS, fresh water 1.41mS