PDA

View Full Version : Tunze settings help...

MAXreefer
09.03.2009, 17:43
esterday my Profilux plus II EX NET and the dosing pump (3) arrived.
Just by looking at the units I could see this is a high quality product. Well thought and well build. None of the aquarium products I bought had such a comprehensive manual like this one.
I don't think I am the smartest person but not that stupid either but have to admit I was a little overwhelmed at the beginning trying to figure out how to setup all the components. Trying to figure out all the "S" and "L" stuff and reprogramming some if it to make the doser work was not that easy at first sight but once you get a feeling for the logic behind all this I was very impressed. The software is amazing and makes life very easy to program the controller.

I still might need some help input here to be sure I did everything right.
First of all the connection of the Tunze streams:
From what I heard is the streams should not run below 30% to avoid the streams turning on and off. I have set the 1-10V interface to 3-8V for the streams. This way I can set the streams between 1 and 100% without damaging them instead of having to set them to 30-100%. This means also when I set the controller to 1% it means technically the pump runs at 30%. Correct?

I have a Tunze Wavebox and 4 streams in my tank. The streams support the Wavebox which is running on his own separate controller.
When I was using the Tunze Multicontroller I had the following settings to achieve a "High and Low tide" simulation:
Setting: Interval2
Each side running time: 6 hours
Interval Time: 30 sec
Pulse: 3sec.
Min. and Max. for each of the 2 channels: 30% and 100%
The following happened:
For the first 6 hours the streams on the left side were running constantly at 30%.
The streams on the right side went every 30 seconds from 30 to 100% within 3 seconds and stayed at 100 for 30 seconds and then dropped back to 30%. Stayed at 30% there for 30
seconds at then started over again.
After 6 hours the inverse happened.

How can I achieve this in "Profilux laguage" ?
btw... both pumps from the left side are attached to L1/L2 with a splitter and Tunze 2 cables and the ones from the right are on L3/L4 also with splitter and Tunze2 cable
Thanks for any help and suggestions
Michael

http://www.tcmas.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=88&pictureid=2241

Matthias
10.03.2009, 09:52
"From what I heard is the streams should not run below 30% to avoid the streams turning on and off. I have set the 1-10V interface to 3-8V for the streams. This way I can set the streams between 1 and 100% without damaging them instead of having to set them to 30-100%. This means also when I set the controller to 1% it means technically the pump runs at 30%. Correct?" - YES

your settings:
- Pump section
Count of pumps in group 1: 2
Mode: Sequence 1
Waves: Sinus
Duration: 3s
- 1-10V-section
L2 = current pump1
L4 = current pump2

MAXreefer
10.03.2009, 15:50
Thanks for your quick reply Matthias.

I changed the settings to:
GROUP 1
Sequence 1
Min. Duration: 6 hours
Max Duration: 6 hours
Wave: Sequence1
Duration: 3 seconds
I see now both pumps on the RIGHT side are doing the same which is what I wanted. They go from 1 to 100 and then back to 1 and so on

Now after 6 hours the LEFT side should do the same.
Do I use Sequence2 with the same settings for GROUP2 ?

Thanks
Michael

Matthias
11.03.2009, 13:34
no, you need only one group, and this one group has 2 pumps`
did you set the count of pumps in this group?

(actually 2 pumps of one side are handled like one pump because they run simultaneously)

my suggested settings should work - if it is correct that all Tunze cables are Tunze2 and a pair of those cables is connected to L1L2 and the other pair to L3L4

for testing you can reduce the min/max durations to a 1 minute - then you can immeditaley see if your settings are correct