PDA

View Full Version : Is one PIII upgrade kit just enough.

milestone
21.11.2009, 19:49
At this moment I've got an Profilux II plus with just one place for an expansion card left.
There is an PLM-CondF-Redox and a PLM-2L4S and an PLM-DALI.
In future I would like to buy also an PLM-LAN or an PLM-WLAN and maybe later (this is a quiet expansive one) also an PLM-Oxygen.
When I decide to buy an PIII upgrade kit will this kit give me the possibilities to expand to all my wishes or do I have to buy an expansion box already now?

Coralleida
21.11.2009, 21:52
At this moment I've got an Profilux II plus with just one place for an expansion card left.
There is an PLM-CondF-Redox and a PLM-2L4S and an PLM-DALI.
In future I would like to buy also an PLM-LAN or an PLM-WLAN and maybe later (this is a quiet expansive one) also an PLM-Oxygen.
When I decide to buy an PIII upgrade kit will this kit give me the possibilities to expand to all my wishes or do I have to buy an expansion box already now?

ProfiLux 3 has only 2 expansion slots, because when you upgrade from ProfiLux II to 3 one expansion slot is used by the "PLM-USB-LAN", so you will need the expansion box. PLM-LAN it's included in ProfiLux 3.
The actual expansion box contains: L sockets, Level, Temperature, pH, Redox and Conductivity. I think GHL it's developing a Lite expansion box (with less connectors) so it will be interesting so ask Matthias about it

aqua_digital
21.11.2009, 21:53
Hi

You would not need PLM-LAN or PLM-WLAN as the P3 comes with a built in ethernet connection and onboard web server, this also allows for a wireless bridge without using up and further ports.

However the P3 expansion does use up Port 0 so if you already have two expansion cards in your unit then wish to extend to the oxygen sensor you would require the expansion box.

At present the populated expansion box is on initial release followed by a user defined box early next year.

Matthias
22.11.2009, 09:21
a "lite box" comes approx. 03/2010

aqua_digital
23.01.2010, 17:02
great wahoo, yipee put me down for a bunch please!

when will the Level expansion card be released?