PDA

View Full Version : Optical Level Sensor PL-0082 Lifetime

Velaskes
23.05.2016, 20:34
Just want to see what is the experience of the other people who use it as I am personally very disappointed of the Optical Level Sensor PL-0082 Lifetime. My first one failed after 1 year. I bought another. The second one failed yesterday after only 7 months of use. Both sensors were in a dark sump department. They were COMPLETELY CLEAN - no algae, no calcium deposits, no visual signs of wear or damage. One day they just stop responding, no error, nothing and I am lucky that I was at home yesterday and saw the white bubbles due to air in the return pump. Seriously for 70 euro price I would expect a capsulated sensor in a such clean area to last at least 2-3 years, not 7 months.

Matthias
24.05.2016, 15:28
Hi,

we sold several thousand of the sensors in the past years and I can't confirm that there is a common problem with the lifetime.
The sensores are sealed, of course, and water-resistant.

As with every product the actual conditions determine the life span. We can't judge from here the environment conditions.
We give a 1-year guarantee for this kind of sensors, please contact us or your local dealer for a free replacement if the sensor is younger than 1 year (date of receipt).

Thanks.