PDA

View Full Version : Doser 2 pump (slave), can I make dosing contigent on a probe?

JeremyGelber
12.04.2016, 06:54
I'd like my dosing pump to do a fixed dose every 30 minutes, which is easy enough. However, if the pH of the tank is higher than a set amount I don't want it to dose at all.

I'm assuming this is something to do with the Programmable Logic but I don't entirely know what - is it possible to control the doser like this?

(Also posted in pumps which I think was the wrong section of the forum!)

JeremyGelber
14.04.2016, 07:05
bump

Vinny
15.04.2016, 18:39
Hi Jeremy,

Yes, programmable logic does need to be used in this case. Before setting up this function, please make sure you have the latest firmware version for both the Profilux and the Doser 2.

When you do a PAB device update, make sure that only the device getting the update is connected to the Profilux. To do a PAB update, follow these steps:

1. Click on the “Extras” tab at the top of the GCC screen.
2. Click on “Firmware Update” under the PAB section. DO NOT click on the firmware update button under Maintenance.
3. Click “Confirm”
4. Select the correct FW for the slave doser. The file is located in the “Firmware” folder, “PAB-Devices”, GHL-Doser2-Slave_V119.mhx
5. The update will begin.
6. Once completed, restart the doser and reconnect all other PAB devices.

Here's how to setup a dosing pump to react based the readings of a pH probe:

1. Select the pump you wish to use for this function.
2. Set this pump to react to "Switch Channel".
3. Assign the "Index" number. This number corresponds to the socket number you want to use for this function. If you want to use socket 16, set it to "Index 16".
4. Go to the "Switch channels" settings page and select the socket you assigned to work with the doser. (For example, socket 16)
5. Set this socket to Programmable Logic. Select the number you want to use.
6. Go to the "Programmable Logic" settings page and select the logic number you chose in the previous step. If you chose Programmable Logic 2, select G2 in the Programmable Logic page.
7. Set this logic to the following:
Function: AND
Input 1: pH 1 increase
Input 2: Dosing Pump (x) *The dosing pump numbering goes here

JeremyGelber
15.04.2016, 18:42
Thank you however that isn't quite what I want.

I want to keep the automatic dosing, say 10ml every 30 minutes, but STOP dosing if the pH rises above a certain point. I don't want to dose in order to achieve a set pH, simply use the pH as a safety device.

Vinny
15.04.2016, 18:44
Yes, that is how the above setting will work.

The doser continues to run on it's own schedule. If the conditions in the programmable logic are valid, then the doser will not dose.

JeremyGelber
15.04.2016, 18:48
Perfect, thank you.