PDA

View Full Version : GHL Doser 2 issues with Firmware Update

bhuyett88
15.03.2016, 22:28
Can someone tell me how I would need to go about updating to the newest firmware to get GHL Cloud based access? I have tried to do it from the GHL Control Center, and I get an error and have to reboot the doser. If anyone can assist me, it would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, I am having to do all of this through USB. Since I still haven't been successful in getting Wifi set up.

Thanks for your assistance.
Bart

LiveWire
17.03.2016, 11:03
I am having the exact same issue. Please Help.

MatthiasF
17.03.2016, 11:21
Hello,

could you make screenshots of the errors in device manager and GCC while in update mode, please?

bhuyett88
17.03.2016, 16:35
Hello,

could you make screenshots of the errors in device manager and GCC while in update mode, please?

Sure I can help with that request. Here is what I have done currently before getting that Error message:
-Connected by USB
-I select connect, then go to "Extras"
-Select "Firmware Update" under "Maintenance" Box
-Get Firmware Update box stating settings will go back to default after update
- Click box "I understand settings"
- Click Continue
- Get Box 1 of 5 in update process
- click next
- Get Box 2 of 5 in update process See Picture
- click "Next"
- Get Step 3 of 5 in update process of where file will be downloaded
- Click "Next"
- Starts to update then get below Error

Thank you for your assistance.
Bart

Vinny
17.03.2016, 17:28
Bart,

The firmware update requires a separate driver to proceed beyond step 2 of 5.

In step 2 of 5, you are asked to select the COM number where the "USBVCOM" driver is located. To do this you need to click on the device manager button and see what COM number is beside it. That number is then typed into the box. Once you've done, that you can proceed to the next step.

If you do not see "USBVCOM" listed in device manager under, "Ports (COM & LPT) and instead see "Unknown Device" with a yellow exclamation point, you will need to manually install the driver by following these steps:

1. Go to “Device Manager” on your PC.
2. Right click the device labeled “Unknown Device” and click on “Update Driver Software”.
3. Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”
4. Click on the “Browse” button and navigate to the driver by following these steps:
a. Click on “(C: )”
b. Then “Program Files(x86)”
c. “GHLControlCenter_Vxxxx” (Your current version of GCC)
d. “Tools”
e. “FUJITSU USB DIRECT Programmer”
f. “driver”
g. Select the “Win7” folder and click “OK”, then the “Next” button

The driver should now install. You may need to restart your PC after the installation.

After you've manually installed the USBVCOM driver, you can go and do the firmware update for the Doser 2. Just make sure you are selecting the correct COM-number during step 2 of 5.

bhuyett88
17.03.2016, 17:53
Ok, made it past the update and the Doser2 is flashing RED and Yellow. Then GHL Symbol turned white then back to Blue. So I take it the firmware update was successful.

Now with this update It looks like you lose USB access to set up Wifi? How do I set up Wifi now, because it seems to have greyed out the ability to set IP address and Default Gateway.

Vinny
17.03.2016, 18:11
The doser will flash red and yellow when it is first started up, this is normal.

Please disconnect the USB cable from your PC and doser, restart the doser, and try again.

bhuyett88
17.03.2016, 18:16
I have been able to connect to the Doser2 using the iPhone App. So it looks like I am currently working that way, and connected via Wifi.

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction to understand how to begin sitting the doser2 up to begin dosing?

Vinny
17.03.2016, 18:34
Send me an email: info@ghlusa.com

The updated manual does into detail with programming the doser for dosing and other functions.

bhuyett88
18.03.2016, 01:53
Vinny, I am noticing my Doser2 blinking "GHL" either Solid Blue instead of staying light like with the previous firmware. Or the GHL symbol blinks white, then green and back to blue. Does the new Manual speak to what these different colors represent? And should it be blinking all the time vs. being a solid blue?

MatthiasF
18.03.2016, 07:40
these are the codes:

permanent white - booting and confguring
white blinking - trying to connect to myGHL (only if myGHL is avtivated)
blue permanent - normal operation
blue blinking - normal operation and connected with myGHL
yellow blinking - warning
red blinking - alarm
green blinking - action in progress (here, for the doser: is dosing)

up to 2 states can be indicated at the same time, which means above color resp. blinking codes can be shown alternating

bhuyett88
24.03.2016, 16:39
So based on what I am being told the blinking GHL symbol may mean I am trying to connect to the MyGHL cloud. What I don't know is my Security Key. Does anyone know if this is a generic password to use to log in and then change?

Because I'm not able to get in to connect and see if this will stop the blinking symbol.

Thanks
Bart

Vinny
24.03.2016, 18:19
Bart,

My last email to you was rejected for some reason.

The security key is randomly generated by the myGHL server, it is not something that is written in the paperwork. When you go to myGHL.com and log into your account, go to the add device section.

-Enter your myGHL ID which is shown in GCC under the system settings page. (Note: You should be connected via USB during this process)
-Click verify
-Once verified, go back to GCC and click "Update View", the security key will now pop up. If it does not, try again in a couple minutes.