PDA

View Full Version : How do I set "Switching Cycles per Day"

DonaldLL
15.03.2016, 04:48
Hello:

I am trying to set a socket to turn on my UV Sterilizer for 1 hour on - then 2 hours off - then 1hour on and continue repeating. I assume that I would use a timer to do this. The manual says:

"After the selection of the timer which you would like to program, you can first enter the number of Switching cycles per day (0 up to 8; 0 means that this timer is not active). “

I cannot see anywhere to set the switching cycles per day. Can you send me a screenshot or diagram of exactly where I can find this setting? Or please explain how I can accomplish my goal?

Thank you

Donald

GazzMan
15.03.2016, 08:29
Go into timers and select new, then put in the start time, then the end time, clip save

Do this again on the same timer for the next time period and so on,

Now go to sockets and on the socket you have your uv plugged into select the timer you have just used to lay out your timings.

Go to top of the page and select save.

I'm away until tomorrow, if nobody has shown you a screenshot I'll post one for you once home.

Björn
15.03.2016, 14:18
Or use the cycle option

It is a "german screen shot", but I think you will understand.

DonaldLL
16.03.2016, 02:04
This is perfect, thank you both

Donald

DonaldLL
16.03.2016, 06:51
I think I understand how to do this but then maybe (definitely) my question was not stated correctly. I want my UV light on for 1 hour and off for 2 hours and I want to repeat that 3 hour cycle all day every day. I mean that on each day I want On 1 hour - off 2 hrs - on 1 hr - off 2 hour - on 1 hour and continue 24 hours a day 7 days a week

Can you add some details for the uneducated :-)
By the way, for what its worth, Bjorn, I used your Timer suggestion as my solution

Thank you

Donald

MatthiasF
16.03.2016, 07:02
Hello Donald,

the timer will be repeated with its setpoints on:7200s; off:7200s; on:7200s; off:7200;... in sequence.

DonaldLL
16.03.2016, 07:05
how can that be if the 'on / off' periods are not the same? i would like 1 hour on and 2 hours off repeating ad infinitum

MatthiasF
16.03.2016, 07:21
It will work like Björn showed.
Did you try it for testing with shorter times, already?

DonaldLL
16.03.2016, 07:48
well it came on for 1 hour then turned off and has not come back on but I must confess, i will need to verify my settings in the morning. It is almost 3am in Miami :-)
I will circle back regardless

thank you for the reply
Donald

DonaldLL
17.03.2016, 01:56
Just confirming that Bjorn's method works just as described. I had an incorrect setting in the Interval but once corrected all is good!

Thank you

Donald

Halfmoon
17.03.2016, 16:47
Glad to see you got it working. Could you explain how setting your set point at 2hrs each = a program that runs 1hr on and 2hrs off? I've tried to get this to work in the past and never could, apparently my logic and math was off. I see nothing in the manual to support this.

DonaldLL
18.03.2016, 00:00

Well i didn't want 2hr on /2 hr off cycle. I think that was a misunderstanding. what I wanted was 1 hour ON / 2 hours OFF repeated around the clock

You can see my setup in the images above but here's how I did it:

Go to Processes - Timer and select the Timer you want to use, i.e Timer 1 or Timer 2 or Timer# whichever one as long as it isn't in use already
Set Switchmode to Cyclic
Set Day Interval to Repeat All = 1, Start = 0
Then Select New and enter (in my case) Switch on after 7200s for both max and min and switch off after 3600s for both max and min
Note: if you wanted 2 hrs ON/ 2hrs OFF then you set both times to 7200s
At this point Save your changes

Then

Under System - Socket Functions: choose the socket you want to enable (S1, S2, S3 or S4 in my case) and set the Function of that Socket to Timer# the same number of the Timer you configured above

Save those changes and you should be good to go

Halfmoon
18.03.2016, 00:29
That makes sense, thanks.