PDA

View Full Version : Connect Multiple power bars

twisty
02.02.2016, 20:11
Hi,

I'm running a P3 and have two controllable power bars.

I can't seem to connect/control them individually.

I have the 1st Power bar connected to the controller VIA rj11 and port S5

I have the 2nd Power Bar connected from the 1st bar RJ11 to the 2nd.

What i'm expecting is the 1st bar will be Power 1-6 and the 2nd Bar 7-12

What's happening is both bars are linked ie: Bar 1-Socket 1 and Bar 2 - Socket 1 are not independent.

How do I resolve this?

Also to be noted i'll be adding a Dosing Pump in the MIX

Vinny
02.02.2016, 20:47
Hi,

Port "S1-S4" will provide control for sockets 1-24. (Applies to Digital Powerbars and Gen 1 Dosers only)
Port "S5-S8", will provide control for sockets 25-48 (Applied to Digital Powerbars and Gen 1 Dosers only)

Having it connected to port "S5-8" means that you must have checked the box that says "Digital powerbar connected on S5-8...".

In order to program the first powerbar, have only that powerbar connected to the "S5-S8" port. Once you have done that, you can click on "Program digital powerbar..." and set the numbering starting at 25.

To program the second powerbar, disconnect the first powerbar and connect the second powerbar to the "S5-S8" port. Click on "Program digital powerbar..." and set the numbering starting at 31. Afterwards, disconnect it and connect it to the first powerbar. The first powerbar can now be re-connected to the "S1-S4" port.

In order for you to use sockets 1-12, you must have the powerbars connected on the "S1-S4" port.

twisty
02.02.2016, 23:09
Thank Vinny,

This worked great, I have the Powerbars connected to S4.

Do I repeat the same process unplug powerbar, connect dosser and program to add a doser to the mix?

Hi,

Port "S1-S4" will provide control for sockets 1-24. (Applies to Digital Powerbars and Gen 1 Dosers only)
Port "S5-S8", will provide control for sockets 25-48 (Applied to Digital Powerbars and Gen 1 Dosers only)

Having it connected to port "S5-8" means that you must have checked the box that says "Digital powerbar connected on S5-8...".

In order to program the first powerbar, have only that powerbar connected to the "S5-S8" port. Once you have done that, you can click on "Program digital powerbar..." and set the numbering starting at 25.

To program the second powerbar, disconnect the first powerbar and connect the second powerbar to the "S5-S8" port. Click on "Program digital powerbar..." and set the numbering starting at 31. Afterwards, disconnect it and connect it to the first powerbar. The first powerbar can now be re-connected to the "S1-S4" port.

In order for you to use sockets 1-12, you must have the powerbars connected on the "S1-S4" port.

Vinny
03.02.2016, 16:10
Yes. Disconnect the powerbar from the "S1-S4" port and connect the doser to it. Program the doser and numbering. The doser's numbering would be the socket numbers that follow after your two powerbars. After you've done that, connect the powerbar back to the "S1-S4" port, then the doser to the second powerbar.