PDA

View Full Version : 6100 hv difference in PAR's

monkeyboy
08.01.2016, 17:13
Have issues with 2 mitras 6100 hv's

Using a seneye reef to compare the 2 lamps there is 300 odd PAR difference between them at the surface on exactly the same settings

One lamp was bought new. Nov 2014. The other came secobdhand with a system, no idea of 2nd lamp age.

The new lamp is the master, firmware 1.17. Old lamp is slave on 1.07.

1 - would difference in firmware cause communication problems between the 2 to effect PAR this much. The naked eye can just make out the difference on the sand bed.

2 - I was thinking of old pucks but this doesn't make sense as the old lamp is giving the higher PAR.

3 - could there be a fault on the new lamp

I've been struggling with settings all last year worrying about intensities. I borrowed a seneye to get me in the ball park the after a couple of days of testing I discovered this.

It really puzzled me and has caused me a lot of problems between the 2 sides of the tank.

Please, please help. Am I missing something or just going crazy ?

Thanks

Matthias
09.01.2016, 16:02
1 - would difference in firmware cause communication problems between the 2 to effect PAR this much
no

I was thinking of old pucks but this doesn't make sense as the old lamp is giving the higher PAR.
right. and even if it was vice versa this difference would be more than unusual, the LEDs have >60000h lifetime in the Mitras (LH80)

3 - could there be a fault on the new lamp
I doubt that.

you write
exactly the same settings

does this refer to all setings?

- illumination run?
- energy options?

do the simple test:

all lamps to 100% and full output and 65°C (energy options)

in Master-Slave configuration: output manually 100% on all channels

now: all LEDs in both lamps on?
PAR readings similar (under similar conditions, of course)?

monkeyboy
10.01.2016, 11:30
Thanks for your replies, I think I may have sorted it.

Well post back when I've done a bit more testing.

Matthias
10.01.2016, 14:58
yes, please share your experience once you sorted it out