PDA

View Full Version : energy option not responding to master

monkeyboy
01.01.2016, 17:27
Hi. I have two 6100hv lx.

The one I have as a slave had the usb port ripped from the board whilst I had the lead connected to laptop about 6 months ago.

The screen is also blank but I don't know whether this is coincidal with the damage as I never use the screen and it is pointing away from view into a corner.

Over the holidays I have been tinkering with light projects etc.

When I am in control centre and go on to energy options and say set to 20% there is no dimming on the slave.

I can alter brightnesses through individual channels and the slave will keep with the master.

I have only just noticed this as I have been altering my energy options to see effects on corals.

Tried all the obvious. Reboot lamps, log in and out of control centre etc.

The light works fine but just need to know if it's in same energy options as master.

Any thoughts ?

monkeyboy
01.01.2016, 19:45
Ok. Through process of elimination I swapped the LCD board from the good lamp to the old and it works on both units.

Therefore I need a new board, on close inspection there is some slight corrosion.

While checking the lamp settings I noticed that it is on old firmware , version 1.07. Newer lamp is on 1.17. Would this cause problems in communication between the 2 lamps ?

Matthias
02.01.2016, 08:48
Mitras should have the same firmware version when they are working together.

But what me more concerns is the corrosion. I highly recommend to check the location of the lamp, splash water, dripping water from above, condensing humidity, etc. MUST be avoided otherwise the lamp WILL die sooner or later.
And this is NOT a warranty case.

monkeyboy
02.01.2016, 11:54
The problem appears to be on the soldering to the pins from the LCD where they are affixed to the pcb.

Under a magnifying glass 4 or 5 of the pins solder seem to be slightly touching maybe causing a short ?

It's hard to tell if it is actually corrosion or a fault.

Could you pm me with a price for a new LCD board please.

I have Windows 10 and can't seem to upgrade the firmware.

When in energy options in control centre should it adjust only the master or both the lamps when changing a setting, this is what I really need to know first to satisfy my curiosity.

Matthias
02.01.2016, 12:39
all energy options are individually, so they must be set at each lamp