PDA

View Full Version : Mitras Firmware issues

RichardW
31.12.2015, 12:02
Please can anyone help, I am really struggling to update the firmware on my Mitras. I can connect to the Mitras via Bootcamp and Windows 10 and use the functionality within Control Centre, when I try and update the firmware it simply doesn't work.

As you can see from the attached pictures before trying to run the Firmware the Virtual communication port (com4)is visible within device manager. I then click to run through the firmware setup guide and you can here the control centre disconnects the usb port and it's then highlighted as an unknown devices. I have tried to run windows to find the driver but this doesn't work, if you run the setup it simply fails and you need to reset the lamp.

How can I fix this issue.

Vinny
31.12.2015, 22:55
Hi,

You will need to manually install a certain driver to perform the firmware update. Please see attached instructions.

These instructions and others can be found on our website.

RichardW
01.01.2016, 02:00
I followed these instructions and this hasn't resolved the issue? Windows says its unable to install unknown device as shown below. So I went to the location x86 and manually clicked installation outside of GHL program and then told me that I have to run a 64bit version of the Driver, I ran the 64bit version successfully and again this keeps showing as unknown device after you click through to Firmware update.

I have deleted the the GHL software and reinstalled from scratch exactly the same issue.

Matthias
01.01.2016, 13:01
I think the problem is bootcamp. Some users reported that they were not able to install this driver on virtual machines.
Unfortunately we have no chance to do anything on our end because this is a 3rd party driver.

I am afraid you need to use a "real" PC.

RichardW
06.01.2016, 13:45
Keeping this response on point I wanted to let GHL and your members know that I went away after reading your response and checked a different machine this time an iMac running Parallels and to my frustration the samething happened so its not a BootCamp issue as Parallels is a Virtual version running Windows.

I can however confirm that I have found out how to install the driver effectually on both Parallels and Bootcamp to allow Firmware updates. As a mac user follow the instructions highlighted above to manually install the driver but you only need to point your system to the Control Centre V*** folder rather than the driver folder it's self mentioned above and the driver will then load straight away. I have tested this now multiple times on both Parallels and Bootcamp with Windows 10 and this solves the issue with both connecting to the Mitras and enabling Firmware updates.

Hope this helps others

doggydoc10
06.01.2016, 17:04
Keeping this response on point I wanted to let GHL and your members know that I went away after reading your response and checked a different machine this time an iMac running Parallels and to my frustration the samething happened so its not a BootCamp issue as Parallels is a Virtual version running Windows.

I can however confirm that I have found out how to install the driver effectually on both Parallels and Bootcamp to allow Firmware updates. As a mac user follow the instructions highlighted above to manually install the driver but you only need to point your system to the Control Centre V*** folder rather than the driver folder it's self mentioned above and the driver will then load straight away. I have tested this now multiple times on both Parallels and Bootcamp with Windows 10 and this solves the issue with both connecting to the Mitras and enabling Firmware updates.

Hope this helps others

Wow. Definitely going to try doing this since I am also in the MAC community.
Thank you very much

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

Matthias
09.01.2016, 16:07
Thank you for sharing your experience, I think some users may be able to use GCC on a Mac better now.