PDA

View Full Version : More problems

GazzMan
02.12.2015, 10:04
I reported some time ago now that the displays on 2 of my Mithras 6100 hv lamps are very dim to the point I can't see them, I'm still waiting on a resolution to this.

I noticed last night that the HV channel of my lights is not working, I have confirmed this this morning by trying to run the HV only.

Also have just noticed, if I go into light composer/illumination overview, #9, hyper violet is not ticked, if I tick all boxes from 1-9 and go to, lets say simulation, when I return to illumination overview, everything is still ticked except #9 hyper violet.

I'm running 3ex, firmware 6.2, 3 6100hv with wireless card

Vinny
02.12.2015, 19:14
Hi,

Can you please post close up shots of the HV leds?

Did both display screens become very dim at the same time?

GazzMan
02.12.2015, 19:33
Hi,

Can you please post close up shots of the HV leds?

Did both display screens become very dim at the same time?

I'll have to do that in the morning Vince as its dark now ( and the lights are still on )

Displays, I don't know mate.

Vinny
02.12.2015, 19:35
Okay no problem.

The display could be replaced if need be.

GazzMan
03.12.2015, 10:12
Here you go VInce, this is with the HV channel up full

Here's the pics of the displays, they also are up full.

Vinny
03.12.2015, 17:00
Thank you for posting the photos.

Please save your settings, restore factory defaults, perform a firmware update, and load your settings. Make sure to transmit your settings to all 9 channels and save.

Let me know if the display and/or HV channels show any change.

GazzMan
03.12.2015, 18:38
Thank you for posting the photos.

Please save your settings, restore factory defaults, perform a firmware update, and load your settings. Make sure to transmit your settings to all 9 channels and save.

Let me know if the display and/or HV channels show any change.

Just on the lamps or on the profilux mate

Vinny
03.12.2015, 18:39
Just the lamps.

GazzMan
03.12.2015, 18:42
Just the lamps.

Going to do it now mate, thank you

GazzMan
03.12.2015, 19:44
Iv done as you suggested Vinny to no avail mate

Vinny
04.12.2015, 15:42
If you've inspected each HV led closely and no marks were noted, then the HV clusters may need replacing.

If you are in the USA, send me an email.

If you are outside of the USA, contact GHL Germany via email for replacement parts.

GazzMan
04.12.2015, 16:11
But Vince, with respect, what's the chances of all the uv bulbs blowing in all (3) lamps at the same time, also as I said, illumination Chanel #9 is not showing as live in the illumination over view tab which is leading me to think it's more of a software fault mate.

Could I be right ?, lm in the UK mate.

Vinny
04.12.2015, 16:20
If you did not make any changes to the light program or do a firmware update then noticed the HV channels not responding, then that would rule out an error in the software.

You could also open up the fixture and closely inspect the HV led pins to make sure they are all fitted properly.

GazzMan
04.12.2015, 16:39
If you did not make any changes to the light program or do a firmware update then noticed the HV channels not responding, then that would rule out an error in the software.

You could also open up the fixture and closely inspect the HV led pins to make sure they are all fitted properly.

But this did start when I updated the firm ware to the latest with my ghl included, all was good before that.

Vinny
04.12.2015, 16:48
Did you update the Mitras firmware also? The latest is 1.18

If this issue began when the Profilux firmware was updated, please revert back to the previous firmware and let me know if the HV channel functions again.

Earlier in this thread you said you are running Profilux FW 6.2, the latest version is 6.22.

GazzMan
04.12.2015, 16:58
Profilux v6.22

Mithras v1.18

Vinny
04.12.2015, 17:12
Okay. Please revert back to the previous firmware you were running and see if the problem goes away.

GazzMan
04.12.2015, 17:27
Okay. Please revert back to the previous firmware you were running and see if the problem goes away.

Iv been trying to do that all day mate, v6.22 won't let me back up my profilux settings and I have tried everything I know to get the gcc to connect to the profilux using the RS 232 and USB leads, I don't know what to do now.

GazzMan
04.12.2015, 17:40
Right guys, iv spent the best part of 4 hours trying to connect my computer to the profilux using the USB and the RS 232 leads and I have had no joy whatsoever, it will connect over the LAN ok.

Can somebody please help me

GazzMan
04.12.2015, 17:52
ok I got this message

Vinny
04.12.2015, 18:05
To get the Profilux files to save on 6.22 what you can do is go into the GHL Control Center V1077 folder and rename "ParaList_V621_Profilux3T.def" to "ParaList_V622_Profilux3T.def".

Have you had troubles connecting over USB before? If not, what Windows were you using at the time?

If you continue to have connection problems via USB, you can also do the update by following the Emergency update steps.

GazzMan
04.12.2015, 18:37
To get the Profilux files to save on 6.22 what you can do is go into the GHL Control Center V1077 folder and rename "ParaList_V621_Profilux3T.def" to "ParaList_V622_Profilux3T.def".

Have you had troubles connecting over USB before? If not, what Windows were you using at the time?

If you continue to have connection problems via USB, you can also do the update by following the Emergency update steps.

Great stuff Vince thank you, I'll look it up now and advise.

Thank you for your help so far mate.

GazzMan
05.12.2015, 12:53
I have the P3EX I don't have the jumpers inside, how can I do the emergency update please.

GazzMan
05.12.2015, 14:17
I have finally managed to downgrade the firmware on my P3, its taken a total of 10 hours, the HV channel is now showing in the illumination overview tab but the hv channel is still not working.

I did find some anomalies while playing with the lamps however, in the pictures you can see the illumination run of my uv channel (it was like this is all channels, im using this as the example), the picture with the flattop, is the run from the program im using, the picture with the point at the top, is what was on each of my lamps, I had to load the lighting program to each lamp separately so the illumination runs all looked the same.

there is defiantly something wrong here guys, as I said before, what are the chances of ALL the uv channels blowing together?, and why do the illumination runs on the lamps match the runs in the GCC?

views and cures please guys

Vinny
06.12.2015, 15:22
If the HV channels are still not working, then that rules out an issue with the newer FW. Please look into getting those LEDs swapped.

GazzMan
06.12.2015, 18:15
Ok, would you care to comment on the anomalies in the software iv pointed out?

Vinny
07.12.2015, 14:55
Not sure what to make of it. We have not had any similar reports. As long as your Mitras runs the correct program you set, all should be okay.

GazzMan
07.12.2015, 15:24
As long as your Mitras runs the correct program you set, all should be okay.

So for example, illumination 1 on the lamp, once the lighting program is uploaded, should be the same as illumination 1 in GCC, this is not happening in my case so there clearly is a problem somewhere and something is not working as it should.

Why would the lamp display one illumination run, and run one that's totally different?, so in reality, I don't know if it's running the correct way, all I know for sure is it's coming on and going off at the correct times as one can't visualise each illumination run.

Vinny
07.12.2015, 16:37
If you have moonlight simulation enabled for a channel, then it will override that specific channel and create its own setting according to the simulation mode.

GazzMan
07.12.2015, 23:23
With the greatest respect Vince, what on earth has that got to do with with the problems I'm having, I haven't mentioned moonlights at all, is there likely to be a sensible solution to my problem please, with maybe some sensible suggestions that I might try.

Also, all lights off at 2130 and this is happening now

7979 7980 7981

Thanks again so far.

aqua_digital
08.12.2015, 00:31
Seen this before 3-4 times, its a ground short on the LED cluster, or the LED has popped.

GazzMan
08.12.2015, 12:21
Seen this before 3-4 times, its a ground short on the LED cluster, or the LED has popped.

Haaaaa, thank you Michael, what would cause this mate please, so it is a known fault then?

aqua_digital
08.12.2015, 15:07
Not sure what qualifies as a known fault but as above I have seen it before and there were only two found reasons

1. Bad earth on the puck (move it about a bit it comes back on) although this typically affects the whole bank of same LED, not just one.
2. Bad LED - Seeing the photo im going with bad LED = Replace the LED puck.

Matthias
08.12.2015, 16:25
can you please connect with GCC to your Mitras and make a screenshot of this screen
(please not with a photo camera, hard to read anything, better just use the PRINT button in windows (copies screenshot to clipboard) or use the snipping tool or another screenshot tool)

I think there is maybe something wrong with the S/N and the detected model

GazzMan
09.12.2015, 11:12
can you please connect with GCC to your Mitras and make a screenshot of this screen
(please not with a photo camera, hard to read anything, better just use the PRINT button in windows (copies screenshot to clipboard) or use the snipping tool or another screenshot tool)

I think there is maybe something wrong with the S/N and the detected model

Also the longitude and latitude don't hold my location, I put them in and they both default to what's in the pictures

mitras 1

mitras 2

mitras 3 (this is the lamp with the pucks out in the previous pictures)

GazzMan
11.12.2015, 11:05
Any comments Matthias please.

Matthias
11.12.2015, 13:52
the screenshots show that all Mitras are recognized as the correct model (Mitras LX 6100HV) so this can be ruled out

we can also rule out a hardware problem with in the Mitras - why should fail in 3 lamps at the same time the same channel?

so this is a settings mistake somewhere

I am not sure if the correct light composer template has been used or if maybe (accidentally) a channel has been removed or changed

-> so please post screenshots of the light composer main page and when editing one dimming point

GazzMan
11.12.2015, 18:42
Steve Waterhouse from Reefdreams came round yesterday and went right through everything, the lamps and GCC and lighting runs and programs, iv asked him to comment on here for me.

pics as requested Matthias.

7988 7989

GazzMan
14.12.2015, 13:54
Care to comment Matthias please.

Matthias
14.12.2015, 17:58
the screenshots show that the light composer project seems to be correct, it has 9 channels and the HV LED is assigned to channel 9, which is ok
I hope all other channels are also assigned correctly (according the original light composer project template)

sorry, but maybe I just don't understand the problem

I read this 4 page thread now many many times and I still don't understand it, too much too irritating information

I read about firmware updates and downgrades (which have nothing to do with a working HV channel - so they were useless), I read "hyper violet is not ticked, if I tick all boxes from 1-9 and go to, lets say simulation"
and have no idea what is meant - where is what ticked?
you write about anomalies and show us a screenshot of an illumination channel - I have no idea what this means

BTW - the 10 hour firmware update with emergency flashing was absolutely pointless - if you had confirmed the security message on the ProfiLux (as the message box tells us during the update process) the update would had happened without any issues in a few seconds

could you write in simple but clear words what the problem is, please? I am terribly confused and run completely out of ideas

GazzMan
14.12.2015, 19:12
the screenshots show that the light composer project seems to be correct, it has 9 channels and the HV LED is assigned to channel 9, which is ok
I hope all other channels are also assigned correctly (according the original light composer project template)

sorry, but maybe I just don't understand the problem

I'll try to deal with this one thing at a time

the problem is My uv lights are not working, they do not come on.