PDA

View Full Version : Lost all LAN connection after ProfiLux 6.20

diverdutch
02.11.2015, 05:45
GHL,

I update to the new GHL Control Center 1.0.7.6 and after I did firmware upgrade to 6.20.
After successfully completed I couldn't connect any more over LAN? through Profilux LAN settings I noticed that it lost all IP settings.
so I reconnect by serial and reinstalled all fixed IP settings but GHL CC doesn't recognize PL3 nor can I connect by GHL app?

However if I connect with ProfiLuxControl 6.0.6.0 the LAN connection is established ?

FYI I'm running both software on Win 10.....

Okay had to downgrade back to 6.19 within CGL CC 1.0.7.6. Al do LAN connection was restored it was very unstable and not workable...Web interface and app were not working.
AI uninstalled CGL CC 1.0.7.6 and installed CGL CC 1.0.7.5, I was able to reconnect over LAN to PL3 + web interface and GHL app.
So for sure the problem lies in the CGL CC 1.0.7.6 software and/or its firmware's.

What I notice when installing CGL CC 1.0.7.6, that windows10 gives a security popup stating "software is not verified"? This messages doesn't appear
when installing CGL CC 1.0.7.5.

Matthias
02.11.2015, 07:40
that's why we all do a settings backup BEFORE the update and reload them AFTER updating because it is not guaranteed that the settings will remain after an update

so this is not a bug

diverdutch
03.11.2015, 04:55
Matthias ? I always make a backup and I'm not stating loss of data... I'm stating that after this software/firmware update is does NOT make any connection on LAN and in general it runs very unstable! I tried the same on a PC of a friend of mine (different environment/GHL user) and again NO LAN connections and by serial very unstable on WIN10 PC.
The security message prior to install from win10 has something to do with it... but I'm not a computer nerd, just wanna help !

keneil01
03.11.2015, 21:30
Try run the software in compatibility mode with windows 7 and see if that works for you.

1. Find folder for installed software
2. Find the GHL Control Center exe file
3. Right click and hit properties
4. In that tab you will find the compatibility mode

I have problems with Windows 10 also, and this made it more stable.

diverdutch
04.11.2015, 10:57
txs Keneil... but I was already running all GHLCC in Win7 compatible mode.....

I retried again upgrading to GHL Control Center 1.0.7.6 and firmware 6.20 but after installment the only connection to PL3 is via usb/serial. All other LAN/WEB or iOS connections are not working. As I stated when I install GHLCC 1.0.7.6 as admin win10 gives a security warning about the software to be installed.... this is the first time I ever received this messages so maybe win10 goes in a safety mode and disables all LAN connections?

PIWAWT
04.11.2015, 11:55
Check your LAN Settings in Profilux. These are reset. For Insallation.

7894 7895

diverdutch
05.11.2015, 06:42
there is noting wrong with PL3 LAN settings... as all works fine but as soon as I upgrade to latest software and firmware the problem start so its must be a bug in the GHLCCC and/or firmware... I did 3 upgrades now on PL3 different with 2 different win versions and error is all the same after upgrade...