PDA

View Full Version : Float level sensor malfunction?

siskiou
25.10.2015, 17:38
Hi,

I've been using a setup with two sensors, for automatic top-off and automatic waterchanges.
Two days ago, the sensor regulating the auto top-off started activating every few minutes, and go off again after a few seconds, even though it should have been off (water level was getting higher than sensor should have allowed.

Thinking that the sensor had gone bad, I took it offline, and switched the second sensor into its position.
Tested it and it seemed to work fine. But the same thing happened with that sensor during the night.

I almost can't believe that two sensors would go bad with the same odd symptom. Coming on, and shutting off continuously.

I wonder, what could cause this.

The sensor activates a solenoid to the RO/DI.

Can anyone help me out with some troubleshooting ideas?
My Profilux has been super reliable up till now. It's the II Plus. The two sensors are on a GHL splitter.

Strange as it seems, the sensor works just fine during the day, but starts acting up at night!
Noticed that under "sensor state" the X is blinking a lot, even if water level is fine (is this normal?). I have it set to 10s delay.

Vinny
26.10.2015, 15:44
Hi,

Increasing the sensor's reaction time would be enough. Please keep a close watch on it to make sure the reaction time is enough for the sensor not to be triggered as often.

siskiou
26.10.2015, 16:30
Thanks!
Why do you think the sensor is suddenly doing this, after months and months of steady operation?

Vinny
26.10.2015, 17:29
It could be that the float sensor needs a cleaning.