PDA

View Full Version : Profilux 3 Ex Level 3 sensor input doesn't work...?

Raven900
02.09.2015, 10:53
I have a Profilux 3Ex. I can't get the third level sensor input to work.

Plugging a float sensor into Level 1 or Level 2 (using a splitter) works fine - so I know the sensor itself works - and I use these two sensors already.

If I then plug the same sensor into the Level 3 input, it doesn't work.

The PC Software says it is a P3Ex, and reports 3 Level inputs.

If I change the sensor to 'inverted' in the software, it does change state (ie the X goes away) and vice versa.

But it doesn't respond to the sensor being plugged in. I've never used that input before so I don't know if it worked when it was new.

Running firmware 6.06.

I can't think of any solution, can anyone offer advice or anything to try? My next step I guess will be to take it apart and check for damage around the plug.

Thanks to anyone for advice.

Artur
07.09.2015, 08:50
Hello,

unfortunately the float sensor only works with level input 1 and 2 but not with the level input 3.
The only way to solve this, is to use your level sensor with input 3 and the float sensor with input 1/2 or you extend your ProfiLux with a card.

Raven900
17.09.2015, 04:38
Hi Artur,
Thanks for your reply.

You are correct, of course - I connected the float sensor to Level 3 and it works fine.

Thanks for your help.

josepzp
05.10.2015, 16:35
Hi Artur and Raven900
If I understand (my english is very very poor and catastrophic) the float sensor doesn't work in input 3… but will it work in a input 4, using splitter cable (PL-LY)?
Thanks
Josep

Vinny
07.10.2015, 22:18
Yes that is correct.