PDA

View Full Version : simple firmware update instructions

carnut
10.07.2015, 00:57
I cannot get the mitras to connect to windows 8. went back to an old laptop with vista. I can run the light composer just fine and have made several adjustments however I cannot get the lights to update to the latest firmware, it always crashes. can someone please post a step by step firmware update procedure for the computer illiterate.

Thank You

Vinny
10.07.2015, 17:23
Hi,

Not being able to connect to the Win8 computer may have something to do with a driver issue.

Please follow these steps to see if the appropriate driver is installed:

1. Connect the USB cable to the Mitras and a USB port on the PC.
2. Open GHL Control Center
3. Click on “Administrator”, a window will pop up.
4. In that window, click on “Device Manager”, a separate window will pop up.
5. Look for “Ports (COM & LPT)”, click on the plus sign or arrow beside it. There may be a yellow icon in the drop-down which may say, “Unidentified Device”

If you see this yellow icon with an exclamation mark, then you must manually install the driver. You can do so by doing this:

1. Go to “Computer”
2. Click on your hard drive which may be labeled as “(C: )”
3. Click on “Program Files (x86)”
4. Click on “GHL ControlCenter_V1072”
5. Click on “Driver”
6. In that folder, you will see two files. One is named, “dpinst_x64” and the other is “dpinst_x86”
7. Click on one of them and follow the install command prompts.
8. After the driver has installed, you should restart the computer and try to connect again to the Mitras.

Remember to have the Mitras selected before you click on “Connect”

Please let me know if this gets you connected on your Win8 computer.

Artur
12.07.2015, 23:27
Usually the driver should be installed automatically, in some cases it is not and you have to install it manually.
Once you started the the firmware update and reached step 2 where you have to enter the Com port, open the windows device manger.
Usually you should see the USBVCOM under COM & LPT, follow this manual: http://downloads.aquariumcomputer.com/DownloadFile.php?fileID=123 to install the driver manually.
If you still have problems you can use the step by step manual of the GHL Doser 2, it is the same driver and the identical steps for the firmware update: http://downloads.aquariumcomputer.com/DownloadFile.php?fileID=259