PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to program Gyre pumps following settings

mshur
28.06.2015, 06:42
I am not to good in programming and i need your help guys. My friend using Apex controller and he set up two Gyre pumps following way:

I have two and have them set to alternate, one side on at 40% every 6 minutes. Every two hours they both come on for 5 minutes. So it creates a strong gyre flow on each side and then every two hours I have very turbulent flow. I use an Apex to do this. The apex gyre controller is not out yet but I got pretty creative without it.

I use two virtual outlets, one alternate ON/OFF every six minutes the other every 2 hours have it on for 5 minutes. Have the gyres programmed so one is on when the first Virtual outlet is On, and off when off, the other gyre off when on and on when off. Then have the both set to be on if the second virtual outlet is on. That way you can alternate the two gyre but have them both on when the 2nd virtual outlet is on.

here are my programs, the first two are the virtual outlets.

#Gyre_Random
Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/005:00/120:00 Then ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

#Gyre_CONTROL
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
OSC 000:00/006:00/006:00 Then ON

#XF150_LEFT
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet Gyre_CONTROL = OFF Then ON
If Outlet Gyre_Random = ON Then ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

#XF150_RIGHT
Fallback ON
Set ON
If Outlet Gyre_CONTROL = OFF Then OFF
If Outlet Gyre_Random = ON Then ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Is it possible to set up the same way in Profilux?

thanks..

mshur
29.06.2015, 18:47
No one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny
09.07.2015, 17:09
Hi,

If you follow this link, it will show you how to program Gyre pumps to the Profilux using On/Off functions:

https://vimeo.com/119824411

mshur
09.07.2015, 17:41
Thank you Vinny...Its not quite the same setting rather then on/off option but it least good to know that we can simply control it..

lemec-RC
01.10.2015, 13:36
Coralvue released an icecap controller that will allow the Gyre to be controlled by "most" 3rd party controllers...it looks really promising, but since I'm still getting my profilux set up, I'm kinda green on the process...here's the link on their website to the controller...http://www.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre-interface-module

heribertl
01.10.2015, 20:58
Hi,
my Maxspect Gyre is connected to my Profilux using the Coralvue Gyre Controller.
As I have only one Gyre, I use the Coralvue Alternate Gyre Mode Cable and not the Coralvue Y Cable.
But to connect the Coralvue Alternate Gyre Mode Cable (RJ45 8P8C) with the L1/L2 female connector of Profilux (RJ12 6P6C) I had to build a cable adapter.

The pin definition of Profilux RJ 12 is:
Pin 2 0-10V L1
Pin 5 0-10V L2
Pin 3 Ground

The pin definition of the Coralvue Alternate Gyre Mode RJ45 cable can be found here:
http://www.reefs.com/blog/2012/12/13/diy-guidedimming-diy-led-lights-with-neptune-systems-apex-controller/rj45-plug-description-2/

In my case L1 controls the speed of the Gyre using a stream pump function definition of Profilux to control L1.

I want to run the Gyre in alternate mode (reverse) for 1 minute after feeding. But as it's currently not possible to connect a 0-10V with the feeding event using programmable logic, I use a light definition to switch L2 every 2 hours for 1 min to 10V to run the Gyre in alternate mode.

diverdutch
07.11.2015, 13:11
lets send our wishes for more stream functions in GHLCC and competitiveness to more streamer brands... the more users aks the quicker GHL will react :-)